Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. So Acuna goes yard in the game at Miami today, then gets robbed of a double by a great defensive play, 3rd AB gets HBP on a fastball up and in. Just a glancing blow and he stayed in but wtf is going on in Miami? Newcomb retaliated and hit one of the Marlins, but no benches cleared. Warnings issued and nothing further developed.
  2. Kind of a goofy schedule at the mid/end of April start of May. On the road to Minnesota, then out west for 3 against the As, then back home for 5, then back west again for 3, and central for 3, then home for 7, then back west again for 2 and the central for 4. That's a lot of time zone hopping to the west and central
  3. No, was saying look at his august without the prior 7 days from yesterday. It was largely forgettable. Then he goes on a 7 day tear and boosts the overall august. We're still talking about a guy that might crack 1 WAR IF he stays hot and doesn't go on another extended slump. However, I hope to hell he stays hot and maybe some team will get desperate and maybe take him off our hands before the Aug 31 deadline.... and if not, maybe in the offseason. Probably wishful thinking though. We're likely stuck with him through next season so while I will definitely hope for the best, I'm not expecting it.
  4. This has been debated before. If you have elite velo + average control/command you're fine. If you have elite control/command then you don't need the velo. Simply put, velo is more forgiving. You don't get damaged as much throwing 95+ as long as it's in the zone somewhere. You can see what happens to command/control guys like Estrada when they miss their spots, though I wouldn't grade his command as elite. It's good but not elite.
  5. He's also in an incredible hot streak which is boosting his line temporarily. Let's not let recency bias overwhelm. When he cools off a bit, it will be more of the same old Kendrys.
  6. To be even more fair, there's a difference between above average and over.400
  7. I would be concerned at the K rate without the pop(26% and .124 iso respectively at AAA, and also his .400+ babip. Some real red flags there
  8. Article from fangraphs today analyzing the Orioles demise https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/elegy-for-18-baltimore-orioles/
  9. Orioles officially eliminated from the playoffs. Earliest elimination in the WC/division era. That's just delicious. KC is also out of the WC race, but still have 2 more games to go before they are eliminated from the division race
  10. 2 s***** teams, where 1 s***** team will beat another s***** team. Not exactly riveting TV
  11. Screw 3 packs, I got a 3 pack, 4 pack, 6 pack and a keg hiding it all.
  12. Now I remember why I stopped playing lol
  13. Sweet. One of the few respectable journalists in Toronto
  14. His body and arm speed were noticeably slower when throwing the offspeed stuff. If I had any talent in video side by side editing, I would put it together and show it. It was more pronounced on his slider, which probably partially explains why his slider is slower than his changeup, which seems really weird to me.
  15. Kind of a combination of everything sinking him today, just ok command, tipping the offspeed stuff, bad defense, rookie baserunning errors, stupidly inconsistent strike zone. He's pitching better than his line indicates IMO, but still not a good effort. Severino is pitching like trash but has everything going his way conversely, largely due to the fact that jays hitters are garbage
  16. Oops. Jantzen airmailed that one....
  17. Wow, another crazy inconsistent strike zone lol What is with these umps this series. Yesterday was embarrassing
  18. Nice pitch, jammed him hard and he got stupid lucky. Lol awesome
  19. It would also make more sense if it was actually true. If you look at his underlying numbers Gurriel is actually slightly unlucky given his exit velo and results. But why let reality creep in to whatever world tercet lives in.
  20. Lol, you may want to
  21. He's not rule 5 eligible yet.
  22. Like I said, it's not a non-zero chance because of exactly what you said. But as Hurl mentioned, he's not rule 5 eligible yet (drafted 2016 so this is just his 3rd season, after 2019 he would be added or risk being lost) so there isn't a need to bring him up...NH is going to the playoffs, and if I'm not mistaken, I recall a conversation from somewhere where Atkins mentioned he is a proponent of a player spending time at every level before making the big leagues, which obviously Biggio hasn't done yet
  23. It's not a non-zero chance, but I doubt it.
×
×
  • Create New...