Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. You might get a 3rd rounder or something as the offseason boils down and someone is caught with a thin OF
  2. AA is a simple man and a below average GM, but really, it's not fair to blame him for this specific season going wrong. This team should have won almost 90 games. Yes, depth was an issue, and that's his fault, but that doesn't account for anything close to a ~20 game swing. Too many players underperformed their projections and/or got hurt. That's it. I don't think it's really intellectually honest to try and construct some post-facto reason for why it all happened. Morrow: Expected 2-3.5. Got -0.1. Johnson: Expected same as Morrow. Got 0.5. Dickey: Expected 4-6. Got 2.4. Reyes: Expected 4+. Got 2. Lawrie: 2.5+. Got 1.2. Bonifacio: Expected 1. Got -0.4. Arencibia: Probably 1 worse than expected. Melky: At least 3 wins worse than expected. Maicer: ~3 wins worse than expected. That's up to 21.7 lost wins right there. Colby overperformed by probably 3, and Lind by almost 2. So let's say they lost about 16-17 wins through random performance fluctuations and poor luck. That turns a ~90 win team into a 74 win team. It really is a wonderful, beautiful turn of karmic justice after all of the bad process.... but it's not AA's fault. He still sucks though.
  3. http://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=363&d=1380500198
  4. Henderson Alvarez now has about 2 fWAR in just 17 games, after his 9 no hit innings today. ERA/FIP/xFIP all below 4.00. Despite barely reaching 100 innings, he would be 3rd on the Jays in pitcher WAR, just a hair behind Dickey and Buehrle who have pitched full seasons. I'd say "salt in the wound", but when the wound is a 15 inch wide shotgun blast right through the soul, salt is a little superfluous.
  5. Can't wait until they pick back-to-back unsignable overdraft high school pitchers at 10 and 11!!!!!
  6. I guess a top 10 pick would make #TankNation a partial success this year. Surprising!
  7. Teams are now locked and we will be moving to ProBoards for offseason communication after the finals is decided this evening. It would be reallllly cool if everyone could check in on proboards. I would suggest updating your trade block, but simply posting anywhere so that we know you're still interested and invested in the league would be nice. Reminder that there are no roster restrictions during the offseason. You can trade for and hold onto as many players/prospects as you want, you just have to be prepared to cut down to 20/12 on the Feb cutdown day.
  8. Sweep the Rays, finish outside of the protected picks, crush TB's wild card hopes... sounds about right.
  9. Laika

    NHL Thread

    Joe Colborne, BLUE CHIP PROSPEKT
  10. I think I traded Hunter for Cashner last offseason in the gibbers dynasty league. That would've looked pretty good right now.
  11. family slogan?
  12. You're basically just taking a super convoluted path to the common opinion that in order for a player to win the MVP, his team needs to at least be competitive. It's a stupid, archaic opinion. But the BBWAA agrees with you, so you have that on your side.
  13. Of course he'd be an easy top 10 keeper for a terrible, garbage, embarrassing team like Boxy's. That team could use all of the hard throwing speculative LOOGY's that it can get.
  14. I really don't think he's a fantasy relevant player, no matter what the velo is, but obviously he has a decent ceiling and he's a clickable commodity given the tools and he's in the right org.
  15. It doesn't have to be perfect for it to be better than you. You're probably not smarter than the WAR machine, sorry George.
  16. So then the player with the highest WAR... lmao.
  17. You could have farted in your own hand and then smelled it, and you would've come off as smarter than you did by typing that.
  18. Peripherals just haven't been there for him in the minors in the last 2 years. I doubt he's anything more than a middle reliever next year for TB, and as such he's not exactly big league keeper material. I'd rather have him on my farm than a couple of "prospects" that I currently have though.
  19. I think the muddy point is that AA was blaming some of the failure on injury luck. I don't think he was blaming any of the medical staff. Maybe, but I doubt it.
  20. I want to go ahead and apologize for what may be perceived as a set of mistakes resulting in this current circumstance but I'd also like to make it clear that while I am willing to apologize I do not necessarily believe that I did anything wrong or caused this set of unfortunate circumstances directly even though you can go ahead and blame me if you want before you blame anybody else except of course for the stupid doctors I mean I do feel bad about the whole thing really im just kind of confused about my own competence and direction and I don't really know what to do or say but talking makes me feel better im hungry lets get shawarma computers r dum
  21. "I feel guilty" "I take responsibility" "I didn't do anything wrong"
  22. The author says that in their discussion, AA kept going back to pitching and the doctors, as in AA's two big given reasons for the terrible season are bad pitching and poor health.
  23. No, the failure is on the specific pitchers for being sucky. Oh and also the doctors. Duh.
  24. Top Darrell here. Looks like I win the graphing calc pool. Pony up your TI-84s, fellas...
×
×
  • Create New...