Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. Yeah I don't have a problem with it. It was very close, not worth ruining someone's life over.
  2. Looks like the Royals know what's coming... Haven't seen 1 swing and miss so far. Price must be tipping his pitches somehow
  3. Lind would look pretty great in the 5/6 spot in out lineup.
  4. I wouldn't mind having him as manager. He'll probably demand a huge salary though, not really worth it.
  5. This was mainly what I was referring to.
  6. Yup. I think the responses to my post prove my point. I say projections can't be trusted, and within 10 minutes I have 3-4 posters implying I am stupid. I won't continue to argue this.
  7. For sure. But we shouldn't treat projections as gospel. (I'm not religious, just a figure of speech)
  8. Well you obviously take projections into account, but you can't just go completely off projections. http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx?type=2&lg=&date=pre Just note, not a single AL projection was correct. And the Mets were at 1.2% to make the WS.
  9. Of course it makes sense. Your response even proves my point
  10. Thanks for doing the research. I think ECJF is just trolling though
  11. Alot of posters here put way too much stock into projections... At the end of the day players are PEOPLE, and people are unpredictable. You can try to predict future performance based on trends/numbers/stats, but you're never going to have a surefire way to project player performance. The results speak.
  12. So is everyone here just giving up on Hutch? He was pretty shaky this year, but last year he was great. Hutch is a solid #3 IMO. I still feel we need 2 acquisitions though. Gotta prepare for injuries and whatnot. Rotation should look like: Stroman Zimmermann Chen Hutchison Dickey With Sanchez/Osuna/Hendriks as depth. With our offense, a rotation like that should be adequate.
  13. BUT THE PROJECTIONS!!!!! cf
  14. Come on, you're better than this
  15. Tell that to David Murphy. Good hitting also beats good pitching.
  16. I want nothing to do with Latos. Chen and Anderson would be good targets. Zimmermann would be awesome.
  17. I'm telling you guys, Estrada will get at least a 4/40 deal.
  18. Harold Reynolds: "you can't throw a pitch in the same location 7 times and have it called a ball every time. The umpire will adjust to your pitching" Oh, so we're supposed to have moving strikezones I guess.
  19. Yes. Tulo will likely miss 30-40 games next season. Goins can fill in nicely.
  20. Not sure, especially considering HE HAS A FULL NO-TRADE CLAUSE.
×
×
  • Create New...