Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. I still think its like 80% Dodgers, 19.9% Padres, and maybe 0.1% Jays. Padres are possible, Jays are not. But im still pretty certain it’ll be the Dodgers
  2. Yeah anyone that thinks otherwise is extremely naive
  3. Probably looking for something more like 3/75 with an opt-out after year 1.
  4. At this point, I have to think the player opt-outs are the thing making Atkins balk. Our front office has been very vocal about their dislike for opt-outs, and if those guys are signing a short-term deal it will need to have opt-outs like the Snell/Chapman/Correa deals. But having any of those guys on a short term deal where they opt out after the season would be good for us because it means they had a good year.
  5. Yup, this idea/concept of “a WS contender team” is a myth. You only need to be a playoff team to win the WS. You can quickly look at recent winners like the Rangers, Braves, and Nationals to see that a borderline playoff team can still win it all. The Braves and Nationals specifically had way better teams in other years and didn’t make it to the WS. They both won with pretty weak teams in their respective years. Just make the f’ing playoffs and hope a guy gets hot. The Dodgers didn’t win the WS last year because they were the best team. They won the WS because guys like Freeman/Edman/Betts got blazing hot at the right time.
  6. Well in that scenario the upside would be winning a world series. That’s kinda the goal of all this
  7. All I was saying is that if they’re looking to move him now, they should have been looking to move him at the deadline. He seems to me like a guy that could fall apart any day now considering his age, and I felt like last deadline was a good time to move him and replace him with something younger and/or cheaper. Or with more upside. I was saying this at the deadline last year so it isn’t hindsight speaking.
  8. They really should’ve shopped Bassitt at the deadline last year. Sometimes this front office seems directionless…
  9. I look forward to your mindless ranting when the season starts. And eventual blowup at some point. Maybe even before April lol.
  10. Exactly what I was thinking. All i’ve seen from him over 3 different threads is how everything sucks. Right now its “we made a sub par offer” When we end up signing someone it’ll be “wow can’t believe they overpaid this dude he’s washed” Or the always handy “well this team still sucks so this signing doesn’t matter” Gotta love having newbies like this around!
  11. Seems like an absolute steal for the As. Funny that they have money now all of a sudden after leaving Oakland.
  12. Also missing the playoffs altogether in 2021. Yup. Fuggin sucks.
  13. Makes you wish Atkins would have pushed a bit harder at the deadline in 2021/22/23. Similar to the Indians trading for Miller at the 2016 deadline. If they don’t make that move they don’t make a deep run like they did. Atkins tenure as GM can best be summarized as “what if”
  14. Its funny because the only year they actually made the WS and won, it was with their worst playoff roster of that 7 year stretch. Shows how much of a tossup things are in the postseason.
  15. I agree and I love the idea, but its a pipe dream. Still some work to be done on the pitching side and I don’t think we have 45 million in payrol space to spend on 2 bats.
  16. Loll jesus I just now realized its not Padres Kim. I was wondering how tf the Dodgers got him so cheap
  17. I agree, there are too many sub-forums right now. Around baseball has always been an extremely active thread and it shouldn’t be hidden all the way over here
  18. The Jays missed the boat by not trading him last deadline when his value was likely at its peak. I think its pretty clear they plan on keeping him, but there are a few other options in play. Its not as black and white as you are making it out to be.
  19. Nobody is doubting the fact that a full season is “worth more”, obviously it is. But that doesn’t mean the trade offers wouldn’t be as good at the deadline. The market dictates the return.
  20. That’s an absolute steal IMO. f*** the dodgers man
  21. I think if he was that worried, he wouldn’t be running his mouth every chance he’s had this offseason. We can translate ya boob
  22. Thanks for the post, totally agree dude. Not liking Vlad’s attitude one bit. He’s acting like he’s Pujols or Miggy when he’s closer to Chris Davis. And none of those contracts turned out well i’ll add.
  23. I’ll go ahead and say I don’t agree that its a certainty you get more for Vlad now vs the deadline. Pretty much any team that wants/needs Vlad could’ve signed Walker or Alonso instead. At the deadline, Vlad might be the only 1B option available (and maybe best bat available) to a competing team. You see teams get desperate as hell at the deadline and don’t usually see those lopsided trades happening during the offseason. Vlad’s highest value was last trade deadline, for the reasons above + an extra year of control. Like, astronomically higher i’d say. I don’t think the return package would be much different right now vs at the deadline this year.
×
×
  • Create New...