Anyone else think that one really good start at home will make people stop talking about Hutch's home/away splits? And help him get that BS out of his head? (If in fact it's bothering him at all?)
The New York Yankees were apparently willing not only to eat $4.5 million of Ichiro Suzuki's $6.5 million salary, but to sentence Ichiro to spending perhaps his last year in the majors playing in front of empty Houston houses for the worst team in the majors. Poor Ichiro.
And I call ******** on that
They're probably just saying that so that a team like Miami can pretend a trade proposal wasn't real. Helps other teams save face. They don't even have to say which proposals were supposedly fictional. Leave that to other teams.
Also, consider the fact that we probably could have gotten several other quality starting pitchers for the package of TDA and Syndergaard. Quite possibly ones who may well have performed much better than Dickey has done.
MLB is deciding whether or not to reinstate Pete Rose for the 2015 season. When asked about it, Rose said, "I hope they do, cause I've got $50 riding on it."