Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,075
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Did anyone hear Buck and Tabby talking about the AL ROY candidates? They came up with Osuna, Travis and Burns....Correra guys. Jesus you are awful at your jobs
  2. Isn't that a poor assumption? I still pitch and I know I go through stretches where I feel less comfortable and I'm less effective out of the stretch. There are obviously people with poor mental makeup who also tighten up in difficult situations. Hutchison has posted significantly worse FIP, xFIP, HR/9, WHIP, K/9 and BB/9 with runners on base throughout this career.
  3. That's pretty awesome for Mark to be so open and honest....also awesome to hear the org looks after him
  4. You guys remember in Spring Training when there was discussion on whether or not Daric Barton and/or spring training hero Caleb Gindl should make the team? Both have been terrible in AAA.
  5. Sorry - I may have combined a couple of thoughts there. I get there are stabilization rates and that at some point we may establish a large skill-based difference between his ERA and his xFIP abilities. I'm more interested in the boards thoughts on my comment about short term bad luck. Let's say we've concluded he's had bad luck. What's to say that bad luck won't continue? We're in the middle of a pennant race. At some point do you say it's too risky to continue running him out there in hopes that this stretch of bad luck is going to end? I would assume there's no rhyme or reason as to when short term bad/good luck starts or ends.
  6. Yeah I get that, but it's still hard to ignore the results. Has anyone done studies on the duration of short term and long term "luck". Wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable to admit Hutch has had bad luck all year, particularly on the road, but to say we don't know how long that bad luck will continue and we can't afford to find out because there's a chance it could continue through to the end of the year? Some continually say Hutch has had bad luck, yet you could argue he's never had "good luck" in his MLB career (spanning 375 innings). He's never had an ERA under his FIP or xFIP and over the past 2 years it hasn't even been close. At some point, we might conclude it's not bad luck right?
  7. Doesn't FIP and xFIP take into account park factors?
  8. Why can't Heinsy be called up instead of Zeke? Zeke is so tuuurrrrible.
  9. No offense, but you come across as someone who hugs certain stats and ignores everything else as a means to prove your point. I LOVE stats, but there is more to this game than stats alone. Hutch has been awful on the road all year. Every stat suggests he's been awful (not unlucky). At some point, you simply have to look at the results man.
  10. OK - that's a fair point. Wouldn't kill them to add someone with versatility though.
  11. How on earth doesn't it work that way? 5.42 FIP and 4.69 xFIP on the road.
  12. Can Hague play anywhere but first base? A right handed hitting first basemen eh? Is EE or Cola hurt?
  13. It's kind of sad that when the Jays get good - at times, it can be less enjoyable being a Jays fan. I'm known as a Jays fan so now all the band wagoners & casual baseball fans want to talk baseball with me....which makes me want to run as fast as I can into a steel post.
  14. You say that like Sanchez is Mo Rivera. Lowe has pitched significantly better this year than Sanchez has in his entire career.
  15. Gibby is a moron. Runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out - you need a strikeout. There's absolutely no excuse for not using Lowe in that situation. Gibby screwed up royally.
  16. He follows the light on his computer - not the light from the sun...
  17. Exactly. Some players are going to get exposed and do worse playing everyday. Others will improve with consistent playing time.
  18. I highly recommend you do the tour of Fenway Park. It's very cool. I enjoyed it as much, if not more than the game itself. Boston is a wicked City. I'd also recommend the hop on, hop off bus tour. We used that as our taxi around the City. Enjoy.
  19. Question - do the Jays have the best defense in baseball right now (especially with Goins at 2nd with Travis out). Revere, Pillar, Jose JD, Tulo, Goins, Smoak, Martin Jose's the only below average defender. I have to say it's pretty amazing watching this team catch the ball lately.
  20. I think Pillar is one of the easiest players to root for on the team (if not throughout MLB)...That man gets every ounce of talent he has out of that body.
  21. His bat speed is not good, but I do appreciate what he brings to the team. He's hoping they can make some adjustments - as I feel like he has a 2015 Mitch Moreland season in him somewhere. The guy has talent - always highly touted.
  22. I've giggled a couple of times when the casual baseball fan comes to me at work (knowing I'm a baseball guy) and tell me how Donaldson is the MVP and how they are on the bangwagon, etc. I'm like, well that Mike Trout guy is having a great year too and they give me the deer in the headlights look.
×
×
  • Create New...