Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Orgfiller

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    32,920
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Orgfiller

  1. I'm not disputing Quintana's value, he's a very good pitcher with an extremely team-friendly deal. I think you're undervaluing McCutchen a lot based on one admittedly worrisome down year. He was still a top 5 player in baseball for the 5 previous seasons or so, which is why the projections still have him as a 3.5 win player going into next season. He's still only 30, sure he's no longer in his prime, but that doesn't mean we should just discount him as a very good player going forward. I don't think you can just say that Meadows is probably as good at this point, unless you believe that 1) McCutchen is done as an above-average player, 2) Meadows is really good and should be expected to be at least 3 wins next season (highly improbable for any prospect, not to mention one which hasn't garnered nearly as much prospect hype as others). Also, just because some people believe that Glasnow is a reliever, the Pirates not withstanding, doesn't mean they should sell him as one when industry consensus is that he's a top 10 prospect with top of the rotation upside.
  2. Um, he's like 2.5 years younger.
  3. Quintana has only had one season where he was more valuable than McCutchen, that was last season, obviously the reason why Cutch's value isn't at his usual superstar value, Quintana is by no stretch "much better" unless you think the former will stick around as a sub 1 win player going forward. The latter also happens to be a pitcher, those guys are much bigger risks than a hitter like McCutchen who's never been injury prone throughout his career and still projects to be an above-average player next season with potential for much higher. If this was Quintana for McCutchen + minor prospect(s)/average MLB regular then it might be fair, but Tyler Glasnow is a top 10 prospect in baseball with big upside, and is under control for a long time. No way I would add him to that deal, and I don't think the Pirates would either.
  4. I'd say the Pirates do a hard pass on that. McCutchen AND Glasnow for Quintana? No thanks. I'd say the Jays only paying Alford and SRF for Cutch is a steal, and the White Sox do really well here as well. Quintana is excellent and very cheap, but I don't think there's any way the Pirates accept this.
  5. Tyson Ross shouldn't really cost much. We don't even know if he'll ever make another start.
  6. JV doing some serious work on the glass. We're getting tons of offensive rebounds.
  7. Lmao I was going to comment on his hair as well.
  8. I think a problem that is just as bad as the defense is the rebounding. We're constantly getting out rebounded by a wide margin, allowing the opposition to get multiple shot attempts per possession. It's like no one boxes out, JV tries his best but he probably isn't in top form as we've seen this year, and it can't just be him. Someone like Lowry usually puts up a good effort there, but he's way too small to be grabbing boards from opposing bigs if no one is boxing them out. Nogueira always gets overworked on the glass, mostly due to lack of strength and poor basketball IQ, he just gets bullied by the more competent big men.
  9. Nogueira getting absolutely schooled by Dwight Howard.
  10. Derozan comes up with the sickest poster dunks out of nowhere. Just casually throws it down on 3 Sixers players.
  11. Holy s*** Lowry.
  12. WPA also vastly overrates high-leverage relievers. Is there a reason to believe that if Joe Biagini had been put in to save games instead of Osuna, that his performance would have been substantially worse? Note that I'm not saying that I believe Biagini to be on the same level as Osuna, but put him in those situations and suddenly Biagini looks like a 3 win reliever. It's way too context-dependent, which is exactly what WAR tries to eliminate.
  13. I think it has more to do with the fact that Edwin had the homers and RBI as opposed to Donaldson being universally disliked. The players are dumb, there's a lot of people who consider Edwin's season to have been a career year despite this being his worst offensive performance since his breakout in 2012, and noticeably so.
  14. Lmao that TheHurl edit.
  15. Kris Bryant >>> Not to mention the 3-5 other guys who are clearly better and either had down years or are a few years oldsr.
  16. Is this the new board meme?
  17. You're just asking to be trolled at this point.
  18. I'm technically a co-manager in this league, I help havok set his lineups from time to time. Basically an intern.
  19. The pitcher's park division, ft. Coors Field and Chase Field.
  20. Is JaysFan4Ever really a mod or did admin f*** up when setting up his Donor tag?
  21. Rip
  22. Yeah he's been fantastic.
  23. Lowry is an animal right now.
  24. He could also have a strong arm.
  25. It's pretty simple, the website isn't accurate lol.
×
×
  • Create New...