Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Orgfiller

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    32,920
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Orgfiller

  1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAz9R58lpkPNj1jjE4eyf3xQyF8GVaIikwquSHGF5X8/edit#gid=1370595464 Generally if you search "spreadsheet" in any of the board leagues, the link will usually show up in the first page from someone who previously requested it.
  2. I've always thought this, it's just that Nogueira seemingly doesn't get any better even with the undeserved increased playing time. Poeltl comes in and you can notice how much better he is at getting himself into good positions all the time, whether it is on the glass or making himself open to save one of the guards who are driving and run out of room. It obviously has a lot to do with him being a noodle, but Nogueira just gets destroyed by opposing bigmen. He rarely ever gets a hard fought defensive rebound, if it doesn't land in his hands most likely he allows the offensive rebound or tries to tap it away to a teammate - he has an insane wingspan, he should really try catching the f***ing basketball! I'll give him that he's good at using his length sometimes to pick up blocks when he has space - on the contrary if he's close to a defender it's almost always a foul which he never agrees with - and he can be a helpful PnR partner for Lowry who just lobs the ball close the rim while drawing 3 defenders and it's as easy as an NBA alley-oop gets.
  3. Jakob Poeltl is so much better than Nogueira. He makes some dumb fouls at times but he's far more polished and has a much higher basketball IQ.
  4. I'm glad to hear you give a s*** about what your son says.
  5. The Dogg is having a field day this offseason. So many responses, many of them being serious.
  6. I don't see the Celtics as a threat to the Raps at all, whether Thomas is healthy or not. Obviously if one of our star players (mainly Lowry) gets injured it hurts our chances tremendously, but that's true for every team not named GSW or Cleveland with a non-Lebron injury.
  7. I mean PPat still plays 30+ mins every night regardless so it's not a huge deal. It's a curious strategy by Casey in starting Siakam over Patterson but he's quick to switch him out if s*** hits the fan early. I think he really enjoys having PP come in as a the 6th man rather than have him starting where his game is exposed more.
  8. I mean at least they didn't roll over, but it got to 53-58 and GSW just made 3 after 3.
  9. Well at least they didn't allow GS to score 50.
  10. Jesus Christ. Those are superstar shots, the kind where you just put your hands on your head and acknowledge that nothing could have been done better by the defense.
  11. Man Nogueira is getting pushed around by Gobert like it's nobody's business and he's not getting a single call.
  12. Yeah so Lowry is elite. Please let's get this healthy version for the playoffs. We could actually have a very legit chance to go farther.
  13. What a shot lol.
  14. Well yeah they were obviously favourites before, I just meant that it's a pretty significant upgrade for a team that was already pretty stacked. Having Edwin versus Napoli (not that he's terrible or anything) in the playoffs is a big deal. Also, with the winner of the All-Star game no longer representing home field advantage (does that come into play next season?), every extra win counts for the Indians.
  15. They also still have an adequate farm system to replenish some of the vets that they will inevitably be losing at some point. Makes me really excited to know that we have the top half of the front office that assembled that organization, and supposedly we should have a better budget than Cleveland going forward.
  16. The Indians are going to be so f***ing good. Full year of Miller, Allen and Shaw trio at the back end of the bullpen, hopefully healthier seasons from Carrasco and Salazar to go along with Kluber, elite MIF, might get Michael Brantley back and replaced Mike Napoli with Edwin Encarnacion. Fantastic team, they'll be in the running for the WS next season again barring any major setbacks. Consider that they just added at least one win with the transition from Napoli to EE. For a team in their position on the win curve, that's huge.
  17. I don't think I understand your confusion then. Do you understand what he means by inflation? By his estimate 1 win today is worth $9 million, and in 2020 it will be roughly $10.5 million accounting for the $0.5 million inflation per year. No matter how the cost of a win changes, Quintana's contract value will not, thus we can project the surplus value by taking the difference of his projected performance value versus his actual contract value.
  18. Oh for sure, I think Quintana is clearly the more valuable asset right now, no argument from me there. However I think that Glasnow would be a bit too much to ask for and for that reason believe that the Pirates would reject your proposed 3-way deal. I don't have a problem with your valuation of Quintana at all, I think you're either slightly underestimating McCutchen's value on the market or Glasnow's but in either case I'm probably overstating how much the discrepancy is.
  19. Probably his own estimate of where the value of a win is at now compared to our most recent estimator of the same (about 8-8.5 a year or two ago?). What's crazy is that his estimate might even be on the low end, but it's probably fair and I like that he accounts for inflation in the coming years.
  20. Well he's still presumedly in his prime, shouldn't really expect any significant decline throughout the duration of the contract. I think Dinger's projections in that regard were fair and it accounts for any uptics that he may have during his prime 28 and 29 years along with any small decline in his age 30 and 31 seasons.
  21. Obligatory Grilli taking off robe .gif coming up.
  22. You realize that as recently as August of this year Baseball America had Glasnow ranked 4 spots higher than Meadows right? I don't see why you have this certainty (or a less pretentious word if you'd prefer) that they wouldn't trade Meadows but would trade the guy who the industry ranks as the more valuable prospect. Also, McCutchen's value is certainly not tanked, he projects as a 3+ win player with potential for more and is being paid to produce like a sub 2 win player. His contract is still very valuable, even if it's for a shorter term than Quintana and not as cheap.
  23. http://i.imgur.com/1MekRSd.jpg This is what I was replying to. I didn't notice you had edited your post by then. They'll still be playing their respective age 30 and 28 seasons, it's not a huge difference and again accounting for the fact that Quintana is more likely to miss an extended period of time.
  24. You originally said 4 years, it's not a small difference to point out. Quintana is still a starter and his risk is therefore higher than a position player.
×
×
  • Create New...