Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. A lot. The better players (Pearce and Upton) are on the short side of the platoons as currently constructed. Gibby will need to platoon them a lot less or he risks giving the lion's share of playing time to Smoak and Zeke.
  2. We have a lot of guys north of 30 that are another year older and we lost EE. I think we are worse but I was tempted to vote same.
  3. This is exactly my thought process. Start Upton and pray he puts up Padre-like numbers and nets us 1.5 WAR+. He really only needs to hit 90 wRC+ to go with his good defense and baserunning for that to happen.
  4. I'd prefer to play Upton full time over Zeke. Zeke is trash.
  5. Agreed. He looks like Urkel with those cornrows for some reason. Or perhaps it's just the glasses.
  6. I hate that Smoak and Zeke are looking at so much playing time. If we could do it over again I'd pass on Morales (or at least wait) and in his place I'd bring in Valbuena and Moss for similar money. Could probably add another cheap DH bat as well like Chris Carter or Pedro Alvarez. DFA Smoak and just let Zeke walk. As it stands we are giving way too many AB's to replacement level players.
  7. Rosenthal reporting that we will be taking a look at right handed relief pitchers for around the same price. Stills lots of names out there: Aaron Barrett (29) Matt Belisle (37) Joe Blanton (36) David Hernandez (32) Luke Hochevar (33) Tommy Hunter (30) Edwin Jackson (33) Kevin Jepsen (32) Seth Maness (28) Peter Moylan (38) Jonathan Papelbon (36) Yusmeiro Petit (32) Sergio Romo (34) Fernando Salas (32) Joe Smith (33) Carlos Villanueva (33) Chien-Ming Wang (37) Tom Wilhelmsen (33) Jerome Williams (35) Anyone interesting in the $3 Million range?
  8. When you compare that to 19 mil for Mike Dunn it's a great deal.
  9. Are you trying to say that he's a groundball pitcher which is good for the Jays? If so, I agree.
  10. Big league deal? Appears so. He's not bad. xFIP hovering around 3.50 the past 4 seasons.
  11. Most people don't really care. My girlfriend got a Rockies one (not the infamous Tulo one) and likes it enough to wear to their games.
  12. Does this mean more Hazel Mae?
  13. They'll probably be a cross between a replica jersey and a shirsey and will have an ad or two on them.
  14. The 2015 ALDS was wild. That 7th inning took an hour and I thought we were going to lose the season because of the Choo/Martin play. When Bautista hit that homer it was the most excited I had been since 1993. It was more exciting than satisfying though, even though it's my favorite. The 2016 WC was more of a relief. The one and done setup is nerve-wracking. When they won I was relieved. 2016 ALDS was the most satisfying. Odor is a douche and to win the series by sweeping them with him making the error is a really satisfying win. We were up 2 games to nothing so it wasn't do or die like the other two but the circumstances made it the most satisfying.
  15. This is barely even a slap on the wrist.
  16. Yeah I think he's just kidding but you raise a good point, with this many 1B/DH type bats still out there on the market there is no point in trading for Justin Smoak.
  17. Brad Miller to 2B is a great move for the Rays. Still some ok 1B out there on the market.
  18. This isn't a bad signing. I'd like to use him as a SP, there's a decent chance he'd actually get some starts for us given our lack of depth. He's not great but he's definitely better than the Ramon Ortiz/Tomo Ohka depth signings of yesteryear.
  19. I don't disagree with any of that. I like Shapiro and Atkins. Just don't like this Morales signing.
  20. If Toronto doesn't sign him I'm not sure a team even gives him 2 years, let alone 3. Now we are stuck with an old positionless player for 3 seasons. They also tried giving Edwin way more money than he ended up getting. I understand the quick strike strategy that they like to use but it only works if you read the market well. If you don't you end up giving old DHs twice the money they would have gotten otherwise. It's frustrating and a good example of why is that the contracts given to Moss and Valbuena combined were 5 million less than what we gave Morales.
×
×
  • Create New...