Little bit early to be anointing Pompey as the CF of the future. Yes he's having a decent year in HighA but the jump to AA is huge, let alone AAA and then the majors. He's also going to be burning option years starting next season as he'll be Rule 5 eligible after this season and I'm sure the Jays will be protecting him.
I'm not sure. I mean, every year there's unsigned players that were eligible for the draft that don't get drafted and become free agents, but I'm not sure if that applies to high school age kids.
Mlb game day scout "Happ shows faith in his catcher by throwing the ball in the dirt with two strikes and a runner on third"
Real scout "Jesus this guy can't throw strikes for s***."
True. Happ has awful command. I just don't get what the Jays see in the guy as a starter.
But Navarro has be better at calling the pitches too. Every time it's 0-2 the twins can just eliminate fastball from the equation and wait for the straight breaking balls. And the thing is, they're letting him throw meatballs to get to 0-2 and he can't capitalize on it