Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I don't think it's silly at all to make the assumption that players who played baseball, hockey, football, or basketball... when the sports were in their infancy, wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the athletes of today. If you took Babe Ruth out of his era and put him in today's era with pitchers throwing 95 mph with insane breaking balls, changeups, and different pitchers not just every game but multiple different pitchers in the same game... it just wouldn't compare. He'd probably strike out like 70% of the time. The overall skill level of sports back then was just completely inferior to what it is today. Pro athletes back then didn't have to be on a pro teams radar when they were 12 years old, compete nationally and internationally multiple times before they were even thought about being signed.
  2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7
  3. I need to summarize.... You want to trade Bautista for a reliever or 2? Please confirm if that is your position before I continue my reply
  4. If we were in space, i'd vote for punting out of the nearest airlock
  5. There it is Realmuto wins it for Hurl
  6. Slightly premature to be writing his prospect obituary. Injuries are probably a huge reason for his struggles this year
  7. Thing is, I'd have no issue re-signing Bautista at 3/60 to play 1b/DH. That would be top dollar and these no way I ever want him to be seen in the OF again. I don't know if Bautista's ego would be open to that though. At some point he has to realize he can't play the OF at a satisfactory level anymore
  8. I very nearly took Piscotty too. I was close to swapping Green in for quintana to save the bucks to do it, but felt my OF was good. Then Rajai went back to being Rajai and here we are
  9. If Hundley doesn't get anything, I'll have 3 guys with 0 points, but score 150 total. Crazy
  10. Espinosa full beast mode today, but looks like spats might take it
  11. But again... ow does it make sense to trade anyone off the team in a playoff race? If the Jays were below .500... sure, sell em all and pray some of the return works out, but it would be insane to dump any of the big bats while a playoff spot is within reach
  12. I don't see how the Jays and Astros match up in a trade... both are competing for a playoff spot unless something drastically changes between now and the end of July
  13. Stras and Quintana. Hope the white Sox give him a bit of breathing room
  14. I can get it here in Lethbridge, AB too, just not in HD. Remaining broadcast schedule this year: July 9 vs. Tri-City July 23 vs. Eugene July 30 vs. Tri-City August 20 vs. Boise
  15. Kind of an unfortunate last name though...
  16. Yup. Hutch and Loup coming up, Schultz down
  17. Were you watching when Tabler told the entire viewing audience that he was an "analytical guy"? That nearly killed me
  18. No kidding, he's been better than expected but not all star level at all
  19. It's a great start to life on your own, that's for sure. Some kids today (not saying you're one) feel like they're entitled to that. And the thing is, nearly every parent out there would love to be able to do that for their kids, they just cant
  20. Easy to buy a condo when your schooling and car was paid for. Not saying you went to Havard or had a mercedes, but having both paid for is a lot more than most kids get
  21. Wtf ump... that's garbage
  22. Wow... legit crushed dat ball. 450 easy
  23. I have an immunity idol. Legit dirt on every Mod
  24. My first GDT ever, I think. Let's see how it goes
×
×
  • Create New...