Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I think he must be seeing a nagging injury that's not quite bad enough for a DL stint. He's played in just 4 games since the 15th but is still listed as active
  2. Jot sure if the white Sox game was delayed at all tonight but there was one helluva thunderstorm here tonight. We were at on of my wife's friends' apartments on the 30th floor in a downtown building and it was incredible to watch come in from over Lake Superior.
  3. There's some tricky scenarios that can happen with the 25 man and 40 man rosters depending on playing time. If he was designated for assignment(DFA) he would have been removed from both the 25 man and 40 man rosters. According to the blue Jays website, both Colabello and Dustin Antolin have been designated for assignment, and thus removed from both rosters, leaving the Jays with 1 open spot on the 40 man.... but the actual article says he is still on the 40 man roster, meaning it would be full. TORONTO -- The Blue Jays announced on Sunday that they've reinstated Chris Colabello from the restricted list and removed him off the team's 25-man roster. The move allows the Blue Jays to keep Colabello on the 40-man roster, and he is expected to remain with Triple-A Buffalo. Because of the suspension, Colabello is not eligible to be on the Blue Jays' postseason roster.
  4. I will abstain form this week since I'm on vacation so another to wants to jump in can take a shot . I'll be at the Tigers Sox game tomorrow
  5. I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency right downtown, so I'm not sure of my bearings as to what is where yet. Seems like a pretty lively place. I see there's a ufc fight night tomorrow, might check that out. Best website for mlb game tickets? Stubhub or the like probably my best bet?
  6. The wife already signed us up for that architectural river cruise on Sunday night, that's why I'm catching the afternoon game that day. Her work schedule has us booked for the night Sox/Cubs games which is why I am limited to the afternoon games during the week. Friday is budweiser tank top promotion day on Friday though, so that's a plus
  7. Planning on catching the Sox and Tigers on Sunday and then the Mariners and Cubs on Friday. If anyone has been to either park and can tell me what I shold be checking out while there or anything else Chicago related, that would be cool
  8. The reason why is pretty interesting. The state enacted a bill that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people in the state. Many mainstream entertainers are boycotting the state and will not put on events there now because of it.
  9. I think there's a mountain being made out a molehill with his comments. I'm sure they discuss any number of ideas about speeding up gameplay, and half of them are probably laughed off the table, but they're still discussed. That doesn't mean any of them are going to be implemented immediately either. Yes,limiting the use of your roster during the game would be stupid imo. That's what it's there for. I would be in favour of having a limit on how many trips the catcher can make to the pitcher in one inning, and while still allowing expanded rosters in September onward, they should have to declare which 25 are eligible for any given game. Girardi is probably the worsr offender I can recall making like 3 pitching changes every inning after the 6th, just to play matchups for every hitter because they have 14 relievers available
  10. Interesting projected lineup for 2019 2019 PROJECTED LINEUP C Max Pentecost 1B Rowdy Tellez 2B Devon Travis 3B Josh Donaldson SS Richard Urena OF Anthony Alford OF Dalton Pompey OF Michael Saunders DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr. No. 1 Starter Marcus Stroman No. 2 Starter Aaron Sanchez No. 3 Starter Sean Reid-Foley No. 4 Starter Conner Greene No. 5 Starter Jon Harris Closer Roberto Osuna That probably wouldn't really suck too bad....
  11. Next thing you know he'll be punting kittens, picking the wings off flies and then it's only a short walk to blowing yourself up in the name of Allah
  12. Bautista as a DH would be him at 100%. The fact he's still playing the OF is kind of a joke at this point.
  13. I love that Colabello managed to get into both a High A and a Triple A box score on the same day. Gotta love finishing up old games just to mess with people's heads for a second.
  14. Saying its bad asset management is being very generous.
  15. I think saying it doesn't matter at all isnt quite true(you wouldn't want to see 0 walks in 100 PA) but it's certainly not at the top of the list of things to care about in rookie ball.
  16. Arencibia hit .470 last week and only struck out once. No walks ....but he only k'd once
  17. Would think it's a family or personal issue if he's on the inactive list
  18. It's true to a point, and I have no problems with it at all. I was more making a general statement about DFS in general as not being subject to the same gambling rules and regulations that other forms of gambling, when they're exactly the same priniples, like horse racing.
  19. Make no mistake. Despite its current protection from the government, DFS is just as bg a gamble as anything out there. You can make the most logical pick sin the world, but it's still pure luck if they actually perform
  20. Apparantly stacking the Milwaukee cinci game for offense was though. Two awful pitching teams and they're scoreless....
  21. He was facing b the team with the 2nd highest strikeout rate in the majors ... he was decidedly not a bad play
  22. 3 groundouts to 0 flyouts. Hell yeah
  23. 2014 Fourseam 206 33.66% Sinker 104 16.99% Change 16 2.61% Slider 59 9.64% Curve 187 30.56% Cutter 40 6.54%
  24. 2016 alone Pitch Type Count Freq Fourseam 32 7.24% Sinker 136 30.77% Change 35 7.92% Slider 141 31.90% Curve 51 11.54% Cutter 47 10.63% 2015 was very similar percentages.
×
×
  • Create New...