Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Ozzie Albies has a 194 wrc+ in the AA southern league this year, and he's 19. I know your qualifier was in the eastern league, but... what Albies is doing is phenomenal
  2. It's hard to say. Alot if the tops guys as you said do jump straight from AA to the majors these days for whatever reason. I think a big reason for that is that most guys spend so much time in the minors that their 4 or 5 years of minor league time is up and they need to be on the 40 man roster, so may as well use them and see if they can stick without seeing AAA unless as you say they need more reps and the club starts burning option years.
  3. Thats true but hitting at AAA is a better representation of pitching in the majors than AA is. The best prospects are generally at AA, but the level of skill is still higher at AAA.
  4. Wow, just a dud day for the offense. Only 1 position guy with double digits and everyone was 5 points or less. Ouch
  5. Early results are not encouraging
  6. I did Maeda and Gonzalez so I couldn't go super heavy on bats but...heres hoping
  7. I'm reserved, ready to get at it
  8. I don't think so either, just like to spin the hamster wheel that is what's left of my brain
  9. I'll take him on the bench, but I'm not sure I buy him as a legit 114 wrc+ seemingly out of nowhere. His Ks are down, walks and ISO are up... there's likley some regression there but he can probably stick around. A lot of his line right now is due to a wholly unsustainable .444 woba against left handed pitching, which puts him 18th in all of baseball with minimum 50 PA(Donaldson is at .451 just for reference) A major plus in his favour is 3 more years of control with numbers that generally don't get paid much in arbitration.
  10. Kind of a weird stat line in the minors tonight... Victor robles was 0-0 with a walk, 3 HBP, 1 sb, 1 run scored and 2 RBI.
  11. Milb.Com article on Biggio http://m.milb.com/news/article/20160708188554630/biggio_paving_his_own_path_with_blue_jays The name Biggio resonates strongly throughout the baseball world. It's connected to seven All-Star appearances, five Silver Slugger awards, four Gold Gloves, one World Series appearance and 20 seasons of Major League service. That may be why heads turned last month when 21-year-old Cavan Biggio was selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the fifth round of the 2016 Draft. All of those aforementioned accolades belong to his father, Craig. But already, after posting a .340 batting average and four doubles in just 14 games, the Vancouver Canadians infielder is giving baseball fans a reason to remember his first name, and not just his last. "Growing up playing baseball I have always been labeled as Craig Biggio's son. But as I pave my way in my own career I am getting noticed for my talents as Cavan," Biggio said. Biggio, the son of the 2015 Hall of Fame inductee, wasted little time nudging the family spotlight in his direction. After an 0-for-3 showing in his professional debut, the Notre Dame product went a perfect 4-for-4 with two doubles and one RBI before a crowd of 5,031 at Nat Bailey Stadium in Canada. "I felt like I had some good at-bats in the first game but didn't have anything to show for it. But the second game I got a few good pitches to hit and put good swings on them and found some holes," Biggio said. "It was definitely good to get some hits early in the season, and from that point on you just have to keep the ball rolling in a positive direction." Biggio did just that, collecting at least one hit in five of his next six games and has compiled four multi-hit games in his first 14. Through Wednesday, his team-high .340 batting average ranked fourth in the Northwest League. "I've just been trying to be aggressive early in the count and looking for good pitches to hit. That, and just focusing on getting on base," Biggio said. "I'm working to keep things really simple and having fun up there at the plate." His father, who has a freshly cemented plaque resting at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, hasn't yet made a trip over to the West Coast to watch his son play professionally -- that will happen in August. Still, it hasn't stopped the father/son combo from talking shop. "If I have any questions about a certain game or at-bat or pretty much anything general in terms of the baseball lifestyle, I can go to him," Biggio said. "I'm very fortunate to have him as a resource in my life. He's always there for me whenever I have questions." It's no secret that the younger Biggio has benefited from his father's guidance as he's developed into a professional athlete. But he's adamant that the name doesn't always guarantee success in between the foul lines. "My dad and I are two different players with two different styles of play," Cavan said. "It's almost unfair to compare me to him because I'm my own player." Through 14 games, he's showing us the type of player he might become
  12. I was speaking more in the hypothetical sense rather than advocating a Reddick signing. Trading for 1 outfielder and signing another via FA seems like a plausible scenario if Pompey isn't ready for a full time job
  13. Realistically the Jays are likely going to need 2 OF next year with Bautista and Saunders likely gone, unless they're ready to give Pompey a full time corner OF spot, which is really looking questionable right now. You could make a trade for 1 and still sign Reddick... WITH reddick hopefully not being tied to compensation if the As trade him at the deadline this year
  14. Dude is raking right now.
  15. Hypothetical.... Tellez, SRF and Pompey for Myers and Upton would probably be something like what they would want. Any takers here or does that seem too steep?
  16. No, but I'm willing to bet he could be had. San Diego might be motivated to move him in a deal with Upton to actually get a decent package back without eating any of Upton's salary for next year. Upton on his own wouldnt net anything substantial, but adding in myers before he gets expensive in arbitration and they could probably get 2 really good prospects and a lottery ticket
  17. Bases loaded. ....but the pitcher is up...lol
  18. 2 outs...runners 1st and 3rd...
  19. Dodgers have runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out.... down 2 in the bottom of 14 Dodgers manager just ot ejected for telling the ump his strike zone sux ass.
  20. Orioles just took the lead....
  21. Minor move or two at most I think and maybe 1 of those moves would be a waiver pickup after the first deadline. Shapiro and Atkins arent the "trade minor leaguers for rentals" type people.
  22. How did you sneak past the gaurd goat?
  23. I watched it also, I thoroughly enjoyed it
×
×
  • Create New...