Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. Anyone listen to that new BP podcast with Parks and what's his face?
  2. Better than most baseball talk out of Toronto. Although Blair is an annoying, whiny buttface with a shrill voice, and Hayhurst unsuccessfully tries to play the statistically inclined, critical thinking devil's advocate (he's just not well versed enough - doesn't even grasp some of the most basic principles like babip). So the show sucks but it's better than whatever else is out there.
  3. Yeah, or if you want to cut ties, at least trade him for a mid rounder or something. Rookie mistake by Kats.
  4. http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/harperinjury.gif
  5. Bryce Harper ate scoreboard and left the game
  6. I don't think you know what literally means. Not really. It's one outing. SSS The very base level principles still apply. The coefficients and the significant values just need to be tweaked, or figured out again. The kid has like, 60 career innings. I'd rather assume his true talent is 9/10ths of the way towards his FIP, then put on my theory induced blindness goggles and call him "hittable".
  7. It's buggy. Most of the time I have to refresh the page to see them, when they've been posted correctly.
  8. What an absurd thing to pull out of your buttocks. Sure they do. Doesn't mean the run values of events are the same. The "FIP" or whatever might need to be tweaked, but DIPS would still matter. The biggest obstacle is by the time you obtain a meaningful sample size, with kids that age, they've probably developed and changed their true talent level. Still, it's better than ERA or whatever. And yeah, one inning of # of hits given up is completely meaningless.
  9. Laika

    NHL Thread

    Anyone else suddenly feel like some waffles?
  10. Laika

    NHL Thread

    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/obie19/Hockey%20GIFs/tumblr_lkt0v27Tv21qchnhv_zps305a237f.gif
  11. Laika

    NHL Thread

    http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2619467/bostonwins_medium.gif
  12. Laika

    NHL Thread

    Leafs fans are used to being disappointed. This year, you guys got CRUSHED. I feel bad.
  13. Laika

    NHL Thread

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  14. Jesus H Christ, it was tongue in cheek.
  15. Can't wait until they rush Nolin to the big leagues this summer and he blows his arm out!
  16. Good thing I didn't start him in fantasy!
  17. Makes no sense, unless he's going handle deep. Nightsticks are so smooth.
  18. He's nothing special. Definitely not much more than a back end SP right now. But he's still an upgrade at some SP slot for like, 95% of the league. I get trading him for a good Holds guy if you have the depth. But I just don't get handing someone the extra value in the picks. I don't care though so lets stop talking about this don't even respond plz just let me have the last word k.
  19. Yeah it's not a big deal at all. Comes and goes, but even when it lags the delays aren't brutal.
  20. Of course it's a category. You're still wrong though. For some perturbed reason you think that past ERA is more predictive of future ERA than DIPS is, because all of a sudden fantasy baseball is a different thing or whatever, some asinine theater where past DIPS is worthy of the trash can and an ERA sample the size of one or two seasons is king s***.
  21. I made a mental note to put a waiver claim in on him, but then I was too busy and forgot Um. Wat. That seems kind of dumb. Not even sure how to approach a rebuttal... there are several weird limbs sticking out of that reasoning.
  22. I like how 200 innings is enough to prove that someone is a DIPS buster. The "losing his rotation spot" argument might be legitimate. I'm not really following lots of these stories this year with the same type of fantasy slanted hawk eye that I have in the past. I have no idea what they're doing in Boston. I don't think I own a single Boston pitcher in any of my leagues.
  23. Really, all you'd be asking is "do worse pitchers have shorter / more shallow peaks?". And the answer, in general, would be "of course". A pitcher with a 7 k/9 and a 3.5 BB/9 = very mediocre, and possibly quite s***** depending on other peripherals like GB%. In general, a pitcher with a lower walk rate is better. Better pitchers can decline a bit and still be given opportunities, since they're still effective relative to replacement level. Pitchers who walk more hitters, in general, are worse. When they start to decline they lose opportunities fast. Their peaks would be shorter and end more abruptly. But that doesn't mean that their talent peaks are any more shallow. They'd just cross a threshold of opportunity.
  24. I dunno. Joba? DO? It's not so much that they're always sitting there in the FA pool, it's just that new opportunities pop up fairly frequently as guys get hurt, demoted, whatever.
×
×
  • Create New...