Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. Someone found what looks like the real city connect cap in Mexico: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fbeuc27x1a82d1.jpg%3Fwidth%3D640%26crop%3Dsmart%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D9bf337b5b5aa2973f1822e31584d09b0f9b1a4ce Thoughts?? No Purple is interesting....
  2. I really thought he'd bounce back this year and that 2023 was just a "down year", but yeah its starting to look like he's just cooked. Obviously not as bad as his current numbers show but I think his years of being an above-average hitter are behind him. Best we could hope for is probably 100ish wRC+ by year-end
  3. Im much higher on Lee than most others seem to be, but he still got paid too much IMO.
  4. 100% Blair is the blabbing idiot, Barker just SOUNDS like the dumb one. But Barker has definitely grown on me. Always hated Blair
  5. Baseball ain't a perfect science, but orgs like LA, Tampa, Atlanta, and now Baltimore seem to get things right at a much better rate than the rest of the league. Then you have teams like the Phillies and Rangers that pumped a ton of money into free agents and mostly got lucky that a couple diamond in the rough prospects turned into solid contributors.
  6. I can acknowledge that selling is PROBABLY the best course of action, but the fan inside of me wants to see them just f***ing go for it. It really just depends what the record is like around mid-July and how guys are performing. There's no reason to sell earlier than that since the return would be minimally affected.
  7. I'd go so far as to say its still a failure if they lose the WC round. Losing in the first round 3 seasons in a row isn't acceptable with a payroll this high IMO.
  8. Some have, yes. Usually after each loss a handful of people come out and say "SELL EVERYONE, START THE REBUILD"
  9. 20% is not good at all considering the expectations going into the season. Most of us are upset because the odds should look a lot better but too many guys have been underperforming... similar issue to last year.
  10. Lol wtf was that Ernie
  11. I'm honestly appreciating the Manoah comeback. Also Varsho is exciting to watch when he's going.
  12. Fair enough, I don't think any of us thought the pitching side would look this bad
  13. He said he just started it
  14. I still can't tell if he's being overly sarcastic/grim on purpose, or if his mind actually broke
  15. Where's Laika with his "best depth in the league" analysis
  16. Probably just easing him back into a bullpen role?? Realistically Pearson and Pop are replaced with Green and Yrod by the end of the month
  17. Looks like a missed a nice poopy game
  18. I don’t completely discard xStats, just understand they are flawed. xStats don’t take direction into account (pulling the ball vs hitting to dead center) which is why guys like Chapman and Vlad “underperformed” last year. I think we can all agree a 400ft flyball to left is better than a 400ft flyball to center. If anything I said was wrong there please check me
  19. Nah he had terrible babip luck down that stretch too. (I haven’t looked, but im assuming) I specifically remember several games in a row during his “slump” where he was smoking 2-3 line drives for outs each night. Sure the K rate went up but its not like he was a complete disaster like Bo was through April
  20. Good stuff. Idk why he was trying to hit breaking balls down the RF line for the first 2 months His best approach has always been hitting fastballs to RF and pulling slow stuff to LF
  21. Vlad has been underperforming his expected stats for 3 years
×
×
  • Create New...