Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Why not do like Tampa and have giant lanes of dirt where the runners run and the infielders play?? That's what he played on in New York and Miami cause that's what they have in stadiums with grass!
  2. If the grass doesn't happen, we will need you to lead a pack that will kidnap Paul Beeston, wrap him in artificial turf and roll him down Yonge Street while people throw stuff at his stupid lying head.
  3. My thoughts almost exactly but you're already gambling with the OF offense. I'd really rather upgrade one of the IF spots and have Goins on bench. Especially since we have two of our regular infielders (Reyes and Lawrie) who miss a LOT of time.
  4. I just looked up Drew's numbers again. He went from bad in Boston to worse in New York. Still a slighty plus defender though.
  5. Should GM's expect a bounce back season from Stephen Drew? He couldn't have possibly had a worse year and he's still only 31. Plus I think we could/should give him the short stop gig which is what he wants. He may also have to take a 1 year deal again this year which would be great.
  6. 1B - EE 2B - Reyes SS - Goins (I threw up a little in my mouth just there but 20-30% less than I used to) 3B - Lawrie Bench IF Valencia + Kawasaki or better (I'd like to upgrade that bench spot) You know what, no, I don't think that's good enough. He should get a legit 2B or SS and have Valencia and Goins on the bench. Getting a 3B and moving Lawrie to 2B is no good either because it means Reyes at SS again.
  7. It had to be said LOL
  8. For example, I think Gibby thought more of Kratz than AA did. IIRC he even came out and said at least once that he would like to have him, while he was playing in Buffalo. But I think the opposite was true of Esmil Rogers and Moises Sierra, who Gibby played as little as possible after the first month.
  9. I worry though that he could be one of those guys that Gibby and AA don't see eye to eye on. Despite AA glowing about how they're always on the same page blah blah blah when he rehired him, I think there's been a fair bit of that going on this year.
  10. Remember when Wilner told me that Moises Sierra is Alex Rios in the outfield? Good times.
  11. What happened to Alex Rios' power?? Has gone from perennial 15-20 HR to 4 this year in 131 games I suspect he gets bought out by Texas?? If so, anyone want him for 4th OF/platoon DH? He put up 141 wRC+ against lefties this year.
  12. Yeah, he gone Minor league contract or see ya
  13. Oh yeah Even just Josh Johnson instead of Alvarez last year Never mind Reyes' horrendous contract
  14. Sorry AG, but this JS already being covered in the BTS thread. I'll merge rather than delete so that your post is kept.
  15. 1 year on a QO would be cool with me Cause we can always extend or convert him to a draft pick the year after too
  16. One other issue re the qualifying offers Drew, Morales and Cruz are all exempt from that problem this year aren't they? Since they didn't play a full season for their new team? Or wait, did Cruz sign before game 1? I forget. For sure Morales and Drew signed after the season started. In any case it will help their value this off season to not be tied to draft pick compensation.
  17. Cruz has more power but Melky is just such a good all around hitter. And switch hits. He's a base hit machine. And we can probably retain him cheaper than Cruz would cost. I don't even mind conceding Melky becoming primarily a DH after Lind's contract is up.
  18. No #NoGingers
  19. Wait, what am I saying. I'm NOT surprised they blew it this weekend. Or at least I shouldn't be.
  20. Cruz will get big money per season in a short deal I suspect.
  21. I still can't believe we lost 2/3 to Tampa at home right now. Win one more game this weekend and we're only 3 out today.
  22. No doubt there will be more guys accepting their qualifying offers this year No one wants to be the next Drew/Morales/Cruz. I mean, ultimately they all found jobs for a good part of the season, but no one wants to go in to ST unemployed. Problem is the agents for the second tier guys all think their guys will get great deals. Last year it just didn't happen.
  23. Not likely he accepts (though fine/great if he does). Even if he refuses, it still helps our ability to retrain him.
  24. That said re Lind, he should really be almost exclusively DH and let Edwin play 1B. Neither is good at all, but I think Edwin is a little bit better Edit: I checked defensive stats. At first glace they both look equally bad by dWAR but Edwin plays more games at 1B so cumulative stats aren't ideal. UZR/150 is between -10 and -11 for Edwin each of the last two years, while Lind had one season better and one season worse, one at -7.4, one at -19.5 (yuck) Bahhh. They both suck. Maybe it doesn't matter.
×
×
  • Create New...