Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Let's hope not Career .259 /.354/.399 with 10-20 HR power and with defense that good is fantastic. Hopefully Buck and Pat keep pointing out how good his defense is over and over and over again. Oh wait, that will get annoying won't it...
  2. Exactly. Come on...
  3. How good are the Padres going to be this year if they get him? They've sure picked up some "names" but will they actually be good?
  4. Look of defeat and like he's mad and "how did that happen" incredulity at times
  5. I'm gonna say Dickey unfortunately. I don't think he'll be terrible all spring, but a few bad starts in a month look awfully bad on him somehow. It's just that his bad games look sooooo bad. The home runs, the walks, his body language, etc...
  6. I like this thread actually It's usually a surprise, so hard to answer. LOL
  7. For those who want to backload a Shields contract I just don't know. They already did that heavily with Martin I had forgotten: 5 years/$82M (2015-19) signed by Toronto as a free agent 11/18/14 15:$7M, 16:$15M, 17:$20M, 18:$20M, 19:$20M I just can't see them doing that with another big contract. The Reyes and Martin contracts will be weighing the team down in 2 years. On a positive note we may have 2-4 good cheap starters at that point.
  8. 4 years plus multiple team options is very Anthopolesque
  9. Rays were smart You can rarely get guys like him to sign deals like that
  10. Sorry if posted already Ben Nicholson Smith article in Sports Weekly USA Today on the Jays roster. VERY in depth. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/02/04/toronto-blue-jays-organizational-report/22863357/
  11. I want one to hit over 40 and the three combine for over 100, but 95 or so is a better bet
  12. Nice Always liked him arm... until it busted
  13. TBH I'm surprised he hasn't already signed somewhere for more than that
  14. I didn't know they had actually gone to arbitration with anyone
  15. Danny Valencia Wins Arbitration Hearing Against Blue Jays By Steve Adams [February 6, 2015 at 8:01am CST] The Blue Jays and Danny Valencia had an arbitration hearing yesterday, according to the Associated Press, and the team announced this morning that the arbitrator ruled in favor of Valencia. The 30-year-old Valencia had filed for a salary of $1.675MM, while the team countered at $1.2MM, as can be seen in MLBTR’s Arbitration Tracker. The MVP Sports client will now earn that $1.675MM figure in 2015. As Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet notes, on Twitter, this marks the first time since 1997 that the Blue Jays have gone to an arbitration hearing rather than settling a case in advance (Toronto last went to trial with right-handed pitcher Bill Risley). They’ll likely have a second trial in the near future with offseason acquisition Josh Donaldson as well, given Toronto’s stance as a “file and trial” team in recent years. (That is, a team that does not negotiate arbitration contracts beyond the date that figures are to be exchanged.) Valencia batted .258/.296/.371 with four home runs last season in 86 games/284 plate appearances between the Royals and Blue Jays. While he’s never replicated his outstanding .311/.351/.448 rookie season with the Twins (he finished third in the AL Rookie of the Year voting in that 2010 season), he’s carved out a niche as a weapon against left-handed pitching. Valencia hit .321/.371/.464 against southpaws last season and is a lifetime .327/.368/.502 hitter when holding the platoon advantage.
  16. News about Buck? Edit: guess not
  17. Questions over Boo
  18. Sweet. Stroman or Sanchez starts the game
  19. Direct question on Norris for the rotation AA is a big fan
  20. Hope to stay in Dunedin Surprised I thought they wanted to move
  21. AA had been after Saunders for 3 years
  22. Yeah I know I always got those two mixed up I'm dumn
  23. Buck.reads a question about if Martin will catch Dickey and if so what will happen to Thole. Then he said "this question submitted by Josh Thole"
  24. Oops. I meant Norris.
  25. There is money left to spend Payroll can go up
×
×
  • Create New...