I like how he seems to be asking other players on the team for advice and talking to Mattola. Could he be maturing? That bout of failure may have done home some good I thinks. Didn't help the team any this year but may have humbled him a bit and made him open up to more coaching/input.
Or, he needs to be used as swing man BP/6th starter, or as AAA depth
He showed that when his sinker is working he can pitch in the bigs. It's been failing him. Hopefully they can get it working well again in spring training 2014.
Can we change the title of the thread? I presumed before opening it was something negative that he tweeted so almost didnt read it. Maybe "Jose's act of kindness"??
OMG I could cry...
-
Bautista retweeted a tweet by Derek’s father, Steve, back on Aug. 7 stating that the boy would be buried Friday wearing his Bautista jersey and taking a ball the Jays’ slugger had given him.
Hech OBP this year .274 and no extra base power (.310 SLG)
Reyes OBP is *100* points higher with more power (.473 SLG) and more speed
How many extra runs does that produce?
The only argument against Reyes here is how much time he misses vs Hech