Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. OK, I've checked it out again. The following user accounts seem to be the issue. Can you check it out? All similar login names, posting styles and same shtick. They occasionally post in the other minor league threads, but almost exclusively in the kalfus thread, and NEVER in the main forum. mlbprospects switchhitter topprospects baseball4life bluejaysfan
  2. I think the Kalfus people are mobilizing and just shut down the board for 3 minutes to get our attendion I'm a little scared
  3. Fair enough. Daily MiLB wrap-ups there will be. I was off base with that one.
  4. G-Snarls

    NHL Thread

  5. Joking aside, for those who haven't looked at it, there are 7-8 accounts who seem to post in that thread ONLY. Either a group honestly dedicated to promoting him, or 1-2 guys with a bunch of accounts who are only dedicated to being annoying. I'll see what Admin can figure out about the accounts before we do anything.
  6. Dude, the only reason the Kalfus thread silliness has gone on this long is because it's hidden in the sub forum and no one really cares.
  7. Not if Hurl, Chappy and I ban people for messing up other threads with Kalfus nonsense.
  8. Well, we COULD have a new one each day. Thoughts?
  9. My next post was going to be a warning. I WILL nuke the Kalfus thread if we get rid of that sub forum.
  10. Personally, I think we should scrap it We need an OT forum for sure and I like the way that one runs However, the Prospects/Minor league subforum doesn't get much traffic, and some posters (myself included) rarely go there. Proponents say that they want to keep in separate, and that having good threads will draw traffic there, but ti's just not happening. More importantly, sometimes a significant happening in the minors occurs, and many won't know because it's only being discussed in there. Now, I don't wan't 20 more threads in the main forum. I think keeping it lean would be good. Have 1 ongoing thread for the upcoming draft. Have one continuous running thread for day to day farm system team/player results. Etc.
  11. The Prospects/Minor league subforum doesn't get a lot of traffic, and some feel the threads there would get more participation if they were brought in to the main forum. Should we keep it separate or not?
  12. I think this might be the best idea too. I'm going to make a poll in a little bit
  13. I'm never sure where is best to post stuff like this either - for near MLB, or up and down minors/majors players
  14. In general I'd suggest yes it is fixable. How willing or capable is Lawrie of making major adjustments? Not sure. Though his willingness to seek help second half last season is at least bit encouraging.
  15. Matt Williams career slash line: .268/.317/.489 OPS .805 Brett Lawrie career so far: .264/.323/.420 OPS .743 Give Brett some of whatever Williams was using and the slugging probably goes up 50+ points
  16. Are you referring to his first comment? Or the second one? LOL
  17. Matt Williams maybe? (minus the ovious PED-enhanced HR numbers) Power potential but prone to bad seasons. Modest to subpar OBP skills. Excellent defense with a couple of gold gloves
  18. Right. There is undoubtedly luck and non-pitcher factors at play. But I can't believe that that is all of it. R. A. Dickey is a great example of that. Days where he has a crazy amount of action on his knuckeball , in addition to striking more out, many balls made contact with are weak dribblers and popups. When he has a bad day and they're not moving like he wants, he gets hit hard with line drives and long fly balls. No one can convince me that how he's throwing has a negligible impact on the result of that game, and that luck is the difference.
  19. Here's something I was wondering. If BABIP off a pitcher is mostly luck, you would expect no relationship in the stat between good or bad pitchers. If it is largely influenced by pitcher skill, you'd expect there to be a big difference. As a quick and dirty check I looked up the 10 pitchers with the highest and lowest BaBIPs on Fangraphs: 10 pitchers with lowest BABIPs in 2013: 1 Jose Fernandez 0.240 2 A.J. Griffin 3 Travis Wood 4 Clayton Kershaw 5 Madison Bumgarner 6 Hisashi Iwakuma 7 Scott Feldman 8 Max Scherzer 9 Jarrod Parker 10 Miguel Gonzalez 0.260 That's a mostly quality list of guys by any measure, but... 10 pitchers with highest BABIPs in 2013 1 Bud Norris 0.333 2 Joe Saunders 3 Doug Fister 4 Edinson Volquez 5 Edwin Jackson 6 Justin Verlander 7 Rick Porcello 8 Lance Lynn 9 Jeff Samardzija 10 Felix Hernandez 0.314 Some very good pitchers on there too. This doesn't answer the question, and I do agree there HAS to be some luck involved in pitcher BABip. How much of it is luck? 50%? 80%? 99%? Can't tell. But it's interesting.
  20. But I like the discussion. I find the notion that the pitcher has a negligible impact on the chance of a hit per ball put in play VERY hard to swallow.
×
×
  • Create New...