Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,418
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I'm okay with having a guy like Buerhle as the #5 starter. He's overpriced for it but the real problem is the Jays don't have 4 other pitchers that have been consistently better than him.
  2. I think almost everybody realizes this already, but his part of it is smaller than guys just throwing like s***.
  3. Lol, pretty much exactly what I was thinking too.
  4. Sid sixeiro says that Alfonso Soriano would be a fit for the Jays. I have no idea where he would even come up with that, like the Jays don't have enough guys who can only hit HR, don't walk, strike out a ton and not get on base, let alone his contract for next year.
  5. LF Eric Arce was released yesterday from Bluefield. Can't find a reason yet.
  6. Shane Dawson having a a great year so far for Bluefield. Now 20 IP, 29K to just 2 walks. Listening to the Pulaski radio feed today(terrible by the way), he had pinpoint command of his curveball, Striking out 9 in 4 innings. The only thing they never mentioned was velocity.
  7. I just wish they would shop their glut of BP arms. You're not winning this year, you have several arms in the pen that can be your closer and several contending teams that are in obvious need of pen help. I really hope AA doesn't value his pen arms so much that he won't sell when the selling is good.
  8. I'm going way off the board today with Bonifacio
  9. Third season in short season actually. He was in the GCL for the last 2 years.
  10. I didn't see it either, but on the highlights I saw him slap down a tag to catch a guy stealing. Based on that alone.... 90
  11. Good news for the Jays. Sounds like a deal is going to get done for garza over the all star break though.
  12. I want to see Sano and his legit 80 power go yard a couple times
  13. He just needs to pitch more. He'll never develop throwing 30 innings per year
  14. Yeah, not much can be learned from hits allowed in the low minors since defense is shaky at best. More his walk rate that is concerning. 4.33 go/ao so far this year, but extreme sss
  15. Cardona sat 95-97 and touched 98 tonight. Minor league gun so take it with a grain of salt, but even taking 2 mph off, that's still great for a 19 year old. Too bad he hasn't been able to control it for s***, and pitched a total of 55 innings so far in his pro career stateside.
  16. 57k over his last 57 innings. His problem is still walking a few too many and being too hittable. 60 hits and 21 walks over those same 57 innings. At this point his ceiling is a number 5 starter, more likely limited to long relief.
  17. Yes. Good defense, good hit tool, almost no power. Basically the exact flip side of JPA
  18. To be honest, I'm just gla the kid is healthy and able to play regularly for really the first time since he was drafted.
  19. 6 multihit games in his last 10, in that stretch hitting .421/.522/.995. He's still striking out too much though and has only 1 extra base hit in that stretch.
  20. The Jays are making Rogers tens of millions every year and it's not even debatable really. That's a really uninformed comment.
  21. Let me pose a hypothetical since I don't know how highly regarded Dermoody was out if high school. I know the Pirates drafted him out of high school in 2009 in the 26th round, then again drafted by Colorado in 2011 in the 29th round, then again in 2012 by Arizona in the 23rd round. Arizona didn't sign him because his physical showed a partial UCL tear, so he went back for senior year. Did he ever seriously think about signing out of high school in order to start eating that pro coaching sooner? I know 26 th round in high school is like a 10 k bonus or whatever but still.
  22. No no, they were a fluke last year. This year they have an historic season from Davis carrying the team
  23. Sorry guys, jinxed it I guess. Zobrist had to be a dick and f*** things up
  24. Jared Cosart has a no hitter into the 7th in his major league debut tonight against the Rays
  25. They should make him bunt every AB u til he gets down 10 in a row.
×
×
  • Create New...