Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Shane Opitz is quietly putting together a decent season at High A at a good age/level. Bit of a SSS since he was injured to start the year (seems to get hurt every year, so health might be a concern) but so far at age 21 in High A, 108 AB - .306/.369/.426 left handed MIF, listed at 6'1 180 so a chance to grow into perhaps average power. 17K, 12 walks. Over his last 10 games .344/.421/.500, 5 walks, 5 K. 3 SB with 1 CS Also nice to see perennially injured Kenny Wilson on his rehab tour. He'll be off to New Hampshire again soon.
  2. Roid rage.... he could've hurt someone on his backswing taking out that phone.
  3. I temper my expectations. High A ball is a far cry from the majors, even AA and AAA. More free-swingers and less patient hitters the further you go down the minor league ladder. Not saying the numbers aren't great, just that until he does it against some better competition, it's cautious optimism at best.
  4. This. And the fact that I was an Expos fan before a Jays fan. I really think Vancouver could support a team... get 1 Asian player and half the city would show up.
  5. Not sure why, his FIP and xFIP are both better against RHB than LHB. his K/BB ratio is better against RHB by far. In fact, he's pitched far more often against RHB than LHB and still getting great results, so why would he need to be a LOOGY? .286 wOBA against RHB is pretty good.
  6. That was just a glitch in the MiLB scoreboard. I checked it too and saw the score but everything was way out of whack. They fixed it now
  7. So is Mariano I'm sure
  8. Very much so. He's murder on lefties and good enough against righties that he doesn't have to be pigeonholed as a LOOGY.
  9. I don't think anyone underrated him. He's a good reliever getting great results. Bullpens only matter if you have a good starting staff, they're also very volatile by nature. If anything, I think baseball as a whole still doesn't realize how easy it is to replace good pen arms and build a very good pen on the cheap once you get past the save statistic. There's a few teams that get it, but not many.
  10. Yes you can. He did. All relievers are the very definition of failed starters. If they could have succeeded as starters, then they wouldn't be relievers.
  11. His head got in the way. Has no confidence left
  12. Loup is your typical MLB reliever, failed as a starter in the minors, tweaked his delivery and limiting his repertoire to effective as a reliever in the bigs.
  13. His only base runner reached on an error. Hit 94 with ease according to the game notes
  14. Yes I see it. Sometimes when you first post it you can't see it but if you refresh the browser you can see it
  15. One way to work them both in would be to move Melky, have Gose in CF and Rasmus in LF, the 8 million in savings would easily make up for the arb raise for Colby, but I suspect that Colby met be in line for a 3ish year deal with an option tacked on in true AA style. I think something like 7 million for 2014 and 2 years at 9 million, plus a 10 million option. That's about the same kind of deal Edwin got and would be a pretty decent deal for the Jays. It's certainly less than what he would get on the open market if he had another good year in 2014, but he doesn't have a lot of leverage since he's coming off some pretty bad years and now just 1 decent one.
  16. Yeah I agree, I want Stroman as a starter until he fails, and so far he hasn't. I get that some other clubs bring up kids in the pen first to show them what they're in for, and i think there is merit to that in the event that the kid would have to be added to the roster in the offseason anyways in order to avoid the rule 5 draft, or if he's really dominating the minors and your team has an injury to a few pen arms and you're in a playoff race. Other than that, it doesn't really make sense.
  17. His wOBA this year would put him 4th among qualified major league LF and tied for 4th among qualified RF. Also, his defensive value would likely go up moving from CF to LF.
  18. I agree with pretty much everything you said there except ... Gose over Rasmus... Rasmus is providing a fantastic amount of surplus value for his 4.75 million dollar contract this year, likely far more than Gose would be, and Redmond is making league minimum and only on the team due to injury. Starting Stroman's clock makes no sense from a fiscal POV in a year where they aren't competing. If you mean for 2014, then there's a bit more to the convo.
  19. It's a quality ballsack
  20. I vote for my ballsack.
  21. About time. Admit i have a bit of a local bias since he played here in Lethbridge when he was drafted, but his numbers are ridiculous for rookie ball
  22. I agree. Don't need to clean house, but with such a surplus that 1-2 arms wouldn't be missed and easily replaced, there's moves that can and should be made.
  23. Well it says no homers... So they should be allowed 1.
×
×
  • Create New...