Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,419
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Hey look, Napoi not swinging at borderline pitches until he gets to two strikes... Takes a walk.... f***ing revolutionary
  2. Swing at s***** pitches, you won't see anything but.... Sure you'll get the odd mistake and may get something done a few times a week, but that half inning was probably the single worst half inning I've seen from jays hitters this year. Looked like they were guessing ...and guessing very poorly
  3. What the s*** is this.... Swing at strikes boys...
  4. Game 23 Reyes - baseballsss,aselvana Melky - King, o2cui2i, declan_44, bowld, vdub Bautista - Jonn, Orgfiller, JaysAllMighty, Wilko, JFaS, Frenchsoup, Chappy, JohnHavok Edwin - GordieDougie, jaysguy34, Dylan, Gen.Disarray Francisco - flafson, BBBB, Navarro - Bluejays0988 Rasmus - Jays4life19, G-Snarls, GoldBull Lawrie -LetTheBallFly, Sammy225, Deadpool Goins - Thole -
  5. It was written in November. And then December, January, February, March and now April. AA had 5 months to upgrade at these positions and sat around waiting for prices to drop on free agents, it never happened and now he's up s*** Greek without a paddle.
  6. Admittedly I didn't hear what Zaun has to say, but there is lots left to be desired by the Jays offense. They are not a consistent threat at the plate inning after inning. More than half the lineup is practically useless on any given day. They score in bunches, but once they've scored big in one inning, they go silent for the rest of the game. Sustained pressure on the opposing pitcher is virtually non existent.
  7. f*** sakes... This many picks I should have one by now... This is embarrassing
  8. As much as people want robot umps... I think it would be a huge benefit to the pitchers. How many strikes aren't called at the bottom and top of the zone on breaking balls that just barely clip the edge of the zone.... I think hitters would be even more f***ed than they are now
  9. Never seen so many guys gunned at home from bad calls by the 3b coach. When the ball is already halfway to the cutoff man and the base runner is just getting to third.... Don't send him!
  10. I dunno, putting more crappy starters in between your good ones doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
  11. I'll take Francisco. Just for kicks, I'll say it goes upper tank RF.
  12. Quoting ERA ???? BAN! 4th in the division in xFIP, just to throw that out there.
  13. I've yet to reach a 1 game f***ing streak....
  14. I got in late tonight so all the really good picks are gone, gonna pass on night and try to pick up tomorrow
  15. Still haven't made it past 6.. Braun busted me last night
  16. Happ is certainly scrappy, white and devoid of talent, so he'd fit right in Towers' ideal player mould.
  17. Gimme Edwin, I think he'll go on a bit of a streak now
  18. Me too, I pick the guys on the day before they hit one....
  19. Not exactly a banner day for him ...
  20. Consider the source of the article. Boswell is a noted "pull s*** out of ass to grab headlines" guy. Harper's rep is the opposite, not knowing when to slow down... Hence slamming into walls and getting himself hurt just to get a fly ball. Maybe he didn't run one out, that's definitely not his MO.
  21. I dunno, I used to the type of fan who just blindly cheered for every player because, like bounceyballs said, they were my team and that's what you do. But after being exposed to Sabr and understanding what it's about and how much deeper it goes into a players value and contributions to the team's success, it's hard to be excited about a player like Goins. A purely one-dimensional defense only player is valuable even with league average offensive contributions, but Goins is nowhere near league average and really hasn't shown anything to make me believe there a whole lot more there in his bat. He's a guy that should be coming in late and close ball games for defense upgrades, or just to give a guy the occasional day off and that's about it.
×
×
  • Create New...