Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Guy that has changed his swing to hit more flies. .. from fangraphs: "Espinal has dropped his ground-ball rate by 15 percentage points this season from 46.2% last season to 31.2% this year. He’s done that by maintaining excellent contact rates and boosting his isolated power from under triple-digits in his first two exposures to professional pitching in 2016 to 2017 to a .164 mark this season." https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/steve-pearce-is-on-the-move-again-in-the-al-east/
  2. A below average bat for sure (think a lesser version of Pillar) utility IF/OF - can play pretty much anywhere on the diamond and even threw an inning for Buffalo earlier this year. facing 4 batters, striking out 1. This year he's played LF, RF, 2B, SS and 3b, and has played CF as well in prior seasons.
  3. Guerrero (strained patella tendon) is "doing great" in his rehab and is ahead of schedule by a day or two, according to general manager Ross Atkins, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports. Analysis:He last played on June 6 and was set to miss at least four weeks, so it sounds like he could return in early July if this timetable is accurate. Once healthy, Guerrero will likely be promoted to Triple-A in relatively short order, but this injury severely hurts his chances of reaching the majors this season
  4. Don't take it personally. Anyone who is anyone has been banned at least once.
  5. Gratz...but how the hell does Romano make an all star team with those numbers?
  6. Pretty much all companies have it written in their employment agreements. Yes I agree it's pretty common sense but....
  7. Even if it did go 100% as he said, teams would still fire him because of someone overhearing it and misconstruing. I've seen it happen at places I've worked where two people have a conversation, 1 person who isnt even involved overhears a portion of a sentence that contains a word, rats them out to the uppers because they're suddenly "unsafe" by hearing a word they don;t even have context for and those other 2 are fired. It almost happened to me too except I was actually speaking to the person who lodged a complaint on me. I had an employee who had prescription pain killers at the office, she was newly hired and I mentioned the company policy that she needs to make sure she doesn't share them since they are prescription (common practice for people to share Tylenol or Advil or whatever for headaches). I was in the head honchos office the next day because apparently I accused her of being a drug dealer. Luckily my boss wasn't a moron, talked to us both and got exactly what I had said from her and explained to her that the company has a policy of not sharing prescription meds because it can kill people, and that's all I was doing. Then she explained that I should have known that could have been taken the wrong way because of the area of the city in which she lived, because apparently drugs were common there - like I was f***ing expert on every block of the city and that populations drug habits.
  8. I guess the only real thing to prove would be that the kid's nickname actually is Spider Monkey.... then the whole thing just falls apart on the Tigers. If that kid's nickname isn't that, then... as they say In ebonics. .. he be f***ed.
  9. Today, in an interview with USA Today, Bosio claimed that he had been fired over a misunderstanding with an African-American clubhouse attendant. According to Bosio, the attendant overheard Bosio call a white pitcher, Daniel Stumpf, “Spider Monkey,” which was the coach’s nickname for the player. From the article: “Someone in our coaches’ room asked me (Monday afternoon) about Stumpf,’’ Bosio said. “And I said, “Oh, you mean, ‘Spider Monkey.’ That’s his nickname. He’s a skinny little white kid who makes all of these funny faces when he works out. “The kid thought we were talking about him. He got all upset. He assumed we were talking about him. I said, “No, no, no. We’re talking about Stumpf.’ “And that was it. I swear on my mom and dad’s graves, there was nothing else to it.’’ If that is 100% true, then the firing is all kinds of stupid.
  10. As if on queue... fangraphs prospect notes from 6/27 Angel Perdomo, LHP, Toronto Blue Jays (Profile) Level: Hi-A Age: 24 Org Rank: NR FV: 35+ Line: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 10 K Notes Twenty-four-year-olds repeating A-ball typically don’t find their way into our consciousness, but lefties that touch 96 must. Perdomo’s command has taken a significant step forward this year as he has nearly halved his walk rate (12.6% down to 7.6%) and is showing especially improved command of his fastball and fringey slider to his glove side. He creates a tough angle in on the hands of righties and sits 90-95 throughout his starts. He’s made enough progress that you can project him as an eventual lefty reliever.
  11. Turns out Davis' cycle was the first one in Fisher Cats history
  12. Probably best case scenario at this point yeah.
  13. Danny Jansen and Jason Leblebijian named International League All-Stars.
  14. Great outing for sure. Not really on the prospect radar anymore though since he's 24 in Advanced A, which he is repeating. His peripherals are much better this year
  15. Not a bad plan, though when Pompey, Alford and Smith Jr are all healthy, he's kinda squeezed out of a position. Right now with Pompey injured (hands up those who are shocked at this), I wouldn't care if he stole playing time from Roemon Fields
  16. Just a quick poll, does anyone want me to split up the short season ball with the full season ball?\ I could do a separate post for them each day rather than having 9 full box scores and stats in one big post.
  17. Gratz to Jonathan Davis of New Hampshire for hitting the cycle last night.
  18. Dang, not as nice as Grichuk, but still awesome.
  19. I get they had to give him a bigger glove to cover up that bat. But none of these compare to Prince Fielder when he did the body issue.
  20. DO you think Donaldson's absence, given that he plays everyday, and not only 1/9th of the game when the Jays are winning or tied, might have more impact? Second, do you think he was actually thinking about anything career related when he allegedly struck the woman? Like he was sitting there on his couch thinking "hah, imma hit this bitch because im the Jays closer and nobody can touch me even I do something really stupid." Get a grip. I get you're pissed that he's not throwing right now, and that's fine, but don't pretend to know what his motivations or ego are or were.
  21. Oy.... Just need to be clear before I offer a rebuttal ... is your contention then that Osuna (or any other closer)... over the course of a season would be directly responsible for something in the neighborhood of 50 wins/losses? 43 games he's missed, the Jays have gone 18 and 25 since his issues started. your saying he's responsible for up to 9 games of that.... flipping their record to 27 and 16 since then, which would make them 46 and 32 now....only 1.5 games out of the 2nd wildcard?
×
×
  • Create New...