Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,422
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. I pity the poor bastard who has to treat a sociopath and suggests Adderall.
  2. What difference would that even make? The process behind the trade would still happen if they had to do it over again, and it can't be walked back. Publicly stating the trade was a mistake makes no sense. Using the Dbacks current post season success as a measuring stick of the travel makes even less sense. Just because the Jays got something like a 20th percentile outcome this season doesn't mean the trade was a mistake. Had Varsho been injured by in spring training and missed half the season or more...would the trade still have been a mistake?
  3. Red Sox finally hired their new president of Baseball Ops. Former pitcher Craig Breslow. He was with the Cubs org for the last little while and was apparently a rising star in the operations department
  4. Mathematically then your still anti-kirk Just saying. If Anti-fat = true AND Kirk = fat, then Anti-kirk= true This post brought to you by the Association of Pedantic Dickheads everywhere. Find a chapter near you
  5. THese questions and more with catcher ERA. It seems like a thing that "could" be real, but probably isn't as big of a thing as people think (like picking at 1B)
  6. I never suggested otherwise. Being as unidentifiably unpredictable as possible just makes sense
  7. What I mean is, if the change in release point isnt noticeable enough in real time from 60 feet away....it's not much of a concern.
  8. True, still I wonder how it looks in real time. Even the guy in the article said he had to pause video to identify the tell. It's probably a lot harder to do from the batters box with a deceptive delivery and no pause button But, it is something I'm sure he's working on. If some reporter noticed it, guaranteed the performance complex and other teams have too
  9. Interesting. Wonder how easy it is to identify that kind of difference at 60 feet in real time with that kind of deception in the delivery To me it's the positioning of his chin that sticks out way more. Fastball his head is tilted further backwards
  10. It would be the height of idiocy to hit Garcia intentionally in a 2 run game, in the 8th, with a runner on and nobody out. I get why the umps think they had to toss him, but it was the wrong call. They should have tossed Garcia and not Abreu.
  11. Yeah, Phillies have it I think. Maybe the DBacks win a game to give some glimmer of hope but Phillies are firing on all cylinders right now
  12. I mean if they have to announce SS finalists yeah I guess he’d be top 3 but the gap to Seager is significant enough that even being nominated doesn’t mean much
  13. I cant think of a single Jays hitter I could make a realistic argument for silver slugger. C - Adley 1b - Yandy 2b - Semien or Torres SS - Seager 3b - Paredes OF - Probably the most competition here but no Jay in sight. Tucker for sure. Then pick two of Julio, Robert Jr, Adolis Garcia, maybe Rooker and Arozarena have a shot. DH - Ohtani Utility silver slugger - who knows, but no Jays for sure.
  14. Your first mistake is assuming people are rational and make decisions on actual information.
  15. We all pay for it Spanky in one way or another
  16. The more I think about it now, the more I am in favour of Tiedemann in the majors next season. May as well use him now before he breaks. That arm action is shoulder death waiting to happen
  17. Yup. I mean we can all realistically understand why the 6 years of control and all these kinds of rules are a thing, but as with many things, ongoing tweaks are needed as the economic and demographic landscape changes
  18. Next thing you know women will be voting ...and driving, and be legally allowed to own land and businesses. God help us when all that happens.
  19. Solid double to the gap with that comment. Just need a bit better launch angle
  20. No. And I didn't attempt to define what a WS champion is. Read it again and see if you can figure out what I said, then if you'd like ask a question if you actually want to know. If all you want to is start an argument using strawmen, don't bother.
  21. No, not to anyone who understands what the WS actually is.
  22. Yeah you’re right, deserves is a weird word when it comes to star players in their first 7 seasons, since they “deserve” far more than they actually get
  23. Sarcasm noted. Espinal is in idiot. Had a perfectly good career path going as a versatile glove first no power but good contact and walks hitter. The perfect backup IF that could play on any team in the league for a long time. The he got delusions of becoming a power hitter and f***ed up his body to the point where now his useful skills have diminished and power still isn't there. .now he's the easiest non tender on the roster.
  24. Yes but arb raises don't just go by what happened the prior season, but rather all the seasons leading up. Vlads career wrc+ to date is 130. Tucker 132. Vlad 130 HR, Tucker 102 RBI...404 to 368 I'm favour of Vlad. Runs scored 377 to 309... Vlad. Tucker would definitely get the edge in consistency though. Flawed system or not, Vlad is gonna still get paid in arb very well thanks largely to 2021.
  25. I'm ashamed that I understand the point connorp is trying to make....terribly.
×
×
  • Create New...