Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,421
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Youre an idiot, the entire post taken in context agrees with you.
  2. I said the exact same thing, that it was possible in that post. Yet your using a tiny fraction of the whole post as some kind of "gotcha" moment. Are you in the media?
  3. What was the point of yours Jim? I'm curious to know why you'd bring up something from a month ago but only use a fraction of the post rather than the whole thing. I mean it's almost like you wanted to show how you predicted that Tiedemann could be in the rotation, I disagreed in general but then qualified my opinion to include scenarios where it could most definitely happen, but...then yesterday you brought up your statement, but only the small part of mine where I disagreed in general like it was proof that you had some magical insight and I was somehow dismissive of it ...and now your bringing it back up to show " you smart, me dumb" But that couldnt be it right?
  4. And my full quote, rather than the cherry picked sentences "There might be a universe out there that exists where he does, but I don't think it's this one. Early ST setback (not serious) plus a very obvious innings cap from last year to this one...it's doubtful. Unless the Jays want to specifically use him as a 3 inning opener rather than carry a true 5th starter. I'm guessing that's not what they are planning and they'd rather have tiedemann getting the bulk of his innings towards the end of the season if he's up with the club Injury caveats to other pitchers nothwithstanding of course" If you're gonna try and dunk on me, you need more than one sentence taken out of context.
  5. I suspect the hitter there isn’t exactly digging in and feeling comfortable
  6. In the complex league sure.
  7. Could be, though it might be Richards with spot start with Ricky piggybacking, or vice versa. Ricky will have very clear innings limits this year and I doubt they want to blow a chunk of them all early on. For sure they’d want him available down the stretch in some capacity
  8. If the feds had anything on Ohtani he'd already have been arrested. It's not the investigation into the bookie started yesterday.
  9. Or ya know he could actually have nothing to do with it .... But I guess it's safer to assume guilt.
  10. Every year..the last week of spring training takes a month
  11. Of course. The data is just data. But, it's this kind of data that usually indicates a change in process has taken place. Whether that = better results is unknown
  12. Richards changeup against these minor leaguers just isnt fair.
  13. Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo told the club’s beat that left-hander Eduardo Rodríguez has been shut down from throwing due to a left lat strain, with Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic among those to relay the news. The lefty will open the season on the injured list but his timeline is unclear apart from that.
  14. Mayza in for just 2 sinkers then gone. Again 3+ mph slower than his usual. Couple that with his last outing and something seems to be wrong there.
  15. That kind of scenario is where a team like Tampa shines. Get a great season out of a nobody, then trade him for a useful return from some team that doesn't know any better before he turns back into a potato
  16. Yup. Too easy to just ignore them and wait for the heater. If he could develop even a fringey changeup ....
  17. so nice to see a 3B coach that doesnt just send everyone indiscriminately to die at the plate by 20+ feet. Almost brings a tear to the eye...
  18. Had the good version of his curve today too.
  19. And i dont mean to suggest that Urias and Mateo arent useful players, they definitely have useable skills, especially defense and speed for Mateo, but that bat is like IKF-lite. Urias has a good hit tool, but little pop, little speed and maybe average to slightly below average D. He's basically a hollow babip-fueled average hitter. If I was in Baltimore's shoes, I'd keep Mateo and ditch Urias however they could. Gunnar at 3rd, Holliday at SS and Westburg at 2b, Mateo on the bench.
  20. If trying to ensure they dont lose Ramon Urias or Mateo is the reason for keeping Holliday down... my god that's Colorado level stupid. Both are pushing 30 and are probably bench guys going forward. Atkins got the jump on them by trading Espinal to Cinci first. Atkins is always thinking ahead.
  21. Vogelbach trying to make the team for a couple weeks until Votto is healthy/ready. Love to see it
  22. yeah, if someone was just watching him for the first time and didnt know any better, they might think he could be a competent SP
  23. I mean.. that might work if pitch comm wasnt a thing. I'd just throw it at the bull from time to time.
  24. Feels like a dumb move by the O's. Bring him up from day 1 and he has every chance to be ROY or 2nd in voting and net them yet another gift draft pick, not to mention that he's really f***ing good and would make their team better.
×
×
  • Create New...