Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. A) 3.87 xFIP in 228.2 career innings = effective. It's irrelevant how many guys he walks. That's not enough innings to throw DIPS out the window and look at his ERA. I would've dropped Porcello before him if I were you. So what? The predictive value of last year's Holds total is basically nil. Mitchell Boggs was 3rd in baseball and now he's dead. KRod was fifth and he's terrible. Holds are fleeting no matter how many a guy had last year, and they are a totally waiver-wire acquirable commodity. You got tangibly more value in this trade, but as has already been said, it's pretty irrelevant.
  2. Ok, now I'm starting to feel some lag on this board. Maybe some upgrades are necessary?
  3. What is your MiLB.TV info? I always forget it. Email it to me bro
  4. Really, this is just Ricky reverting to what he has been for most of his career. The period of aberration was the 2 or 3 years he had as a good MLB SP. Right now he's just being the same guy that he was through 5 years or whatever in the minors. He peaked sharply, but it was fleeting.
  5. It definitely is until we fully fill out our minor league systems. I got Tony Cingrani for a middle of the pack waiver priority (I think). That seems like a case in point to me.
  6. I'm just not sure why you felt the need to give up Doubront+ for Pestano? Doubront misses bats as a starter, he had a sub 4 xFIP last year and his DIPS are all below 3.50 so far this year. 2012 Pestano had more or less the same peripherals as 2012 Doubront, except as a non closing RP. And he's hurt right now. If anything, Doubront > Pestano IMO. Being said, it's only late picks being thrown around so you can't really lose hard. Maybe you just don't like FD.
  7. That might be on your end. It's pretty snappy for me.
  8. Laika

    NHL Thread

    None of these names are really in the picture IMO, other than Luongo. Reimer Ward Price Luongo Fleury They'll be fine. Carey Price is really good. Reimer is legitimate. Ward is good. Luongo might still be good. Fleury sucks, but the team should be stacked anyway so they don't need a brick wall.
  9. http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgfcMH9Eogg
  10. There will be a thread made a couple weeks before the draft in June (so maybe the last week of May), and people can post any cuts that they want to make. You can cut someone at any time, but there's really no point in doing so unless you want make room to use a draft pick before the draft. Also a date in February where we will cut down to 20 keeper MLB players and 12 prospects (rosters are not capped at all during offseason).
  11. omg, an embedded .gif. I feel like a jew who just survived 4 years in Auschiwtz, and came home to have his first bowl of homecooked goulash.
  12. Agreed, set up a paypal and I bet a few people will throw you some bones to help with site costs.
  13. Trevor Bauer in 174 minor league innings: 1.310 WHIP 2.95 ERA 7.7 H/9 0.7 HR/9 4.1 BB/9 11.6 K/9 2.84 K/BB Gio Gonzalez in 684 minor league innings: 1.264 WHIP 3.58 ERA 7.3 H/9 0.8 HR/9 4.1 BB/9 10.3 K/9 2.54 K/BB Obviously they compare well based on the minor league numbers. The question is, what percentile projection would Gio be for Trevor Bauer? (Assuming Gio is a ~3 WAR pitcher with a ~5 WAR peak). 75th percentile?
  14. He gets pulled after 6.2 no hit innings, at 106 pitches. They are playing a double header so I'm pretty sure he was just literally yanked 1 out from a no-no.
  15. Laika

    NHL Thread

    Apparently. God, what a stupid word.
  16. I didn't know they were so lax with their product. That's good though.
  17. I really liked Boxy's Beltre trade, and I thought his subsequent Zimmerman trade was fair enough, but I don't like his DiDi or Holliday trades very much. I guess it's all square at the end of the day, but I hang onto Holliday and Zimmerman if I'm him. They should be good for several more years. I'll process all trades in the C-Note right now.
  18. RE: "Contracts and Payroll" section - it's nice but I would we wary of posting proprietary information like this in such an obvious way. Wouldn't want Cots / BP sending you angry emails, or threatening litigation even.
  19. Yes. I'll add it about a week before our draft, maybe June 1st or so.
  20. Can we ban Clomero / high85 already? It's obviously the same troll that ruined the old place. And can the admin disable signatures? Fatcow already has an obnoxious, bold, two line eye sore. There's no need for signatures here, it's just clutter.
  21. Grady Sizemore that felt good!
×
×
  • Create New...