Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Stangstag

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    28,886
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Stangstag

  1. 1. Then outbid the Yankees or let THEM sign him to a "gross" contract. 2. I would rather pay 300/10 for a free-agent proven Vlad than 250 mil right now.
  2. Exactly. I don't understand the rush to extend any of these guys. But I tend to be a more risk averse type of person. We all thought the Berrios contract was a slam dunk and its already not looking good. Berrios' track record is far better than Vlad's
  3. Dumnnnn. Vlad does not deserve 200 million
  4. I think it would be extremely foolish to expect Vlad to be putting up multiple 6 WAR seasons at this point. He simply does not deserve a contract over 200 million based on his career numbers as a whole at this stage. Maybe he puts up another 6 WAR season. Maybe he never does. I'd rather wait and see. I'd rather pay 350 million for a proven 6 WAR guy vs overpaying 250 mil for a 3-4 WAR first baseman that still has 4 years of control left. Wait and see.
  5. That seems very fair for both sides TBH. But its extremely light compared to the other mega contracts being handed out and I highly doubt anything below 200mil gets it done
  6. Why? Why not just play out his next couple arb years and see if he can repeat 2021? If he does, maybe the price goes up a bit. If he doesn’t, then you dodged a major bullet. Not worth the risk IMO unless its something more team-friendly like Wander or Acuna contracts
  7. Agree. End of the day it doesn’t matter because the offense did jack s***. Bats need to wake the f*** up these next 3 games
  8. Looking good so far… If they don’t take the next 3 they should really be ashamed. Maybe the all star break will give the guys some time to clear their heads
  9. Fire Schneider this lineup sucks
  10. First hit tipped KC’s way, 2nd one ours lol
  11. Lucky… that could have been 1-0 and 0 outs
  12. Most important things are # of plate appearances and player comfortably/mental aspect
  13. Right but nobody is hitting Mike Trout 9th all season, so it wouldn’t even amount to an extra win.
  14. Old-school mentality… but also doesn’t it make like a 1 win difference over the course of a full season? Like fully optimized vs completely unoptimized/worst. I thought I had read that. Its kinda moot at the end of the day
  15. July 14 Vladdy - 1 Point - Kirk - 1 Point - Dylan Springer - 1 Point - Bichette - 2 Points - Chapman - 2 Points - Hernández - 2 Points - Gurriel Jr - 4 Points - Stangstag Jano - 4 Points - Espinal - 6 Points - Off the bench: 10 Points -
  16. Schneider to Vlad: "You're going to hit 2nd and you're gonna f***ing like it"
  17. This one didn't even look as fast as some of his other ones
  18. Gabriel Moreno Gabriel Martinez Orelvis Martinez The holy trinity
  19. I’m eager to see if Schneider replaces any of the other coaches. He said something like “im happy to be in charge of my own coaching staff” which to me sounded like he would be making some changes. Maybe I read into it too much
  20. The Angels would be better off trading Arte Moreno
×
×
  • Create New...