Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,177
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. What would it take to get Shields?? Would love to have him if cost was much lower than Shark or Price...
  2. Also he's being called up Edit: I missed where Ang already mentioned this
  3. No No one would part with that. And the receiving team CANNOT get the comp pick if he's traded mid season. Only KC can if they keep him. That lessens his trade value considerably. Edit: The only way a team MIGHT give a Price level package would be if they could negotiate an extension (a la Dickey) and I don't know how likely that would he here.
  4. James Shields, OTOH is a free agent after this season He would be a straight up half season rental
  5. Neither us or Baltimore are getting competitive balance picks are we?
  6. It is, and I think by September we could be neck and neck with Boston and New York. In the playoffs, it really really helps to have 2-3 top end guys. having a bunch of 4/5 caliber guys is not what you want.
  7. Half a season vs a season and a half is obviously a MASSIVE difference to a GM. Not only because he might help you in two pennant races rather than one, but in addition it might allow you to collect a draft pick if he leaves after that. A guy traded mid season in his last year before free agency doesn't give you that. That draft pick can help offset the prospect cost you paid to get a guy in the first place.
  8. No prob. For some reason that's a very common misconception. Maybe that's because he's already making over 10M even durinf what is only his second arbitration eligible season, plus the fact people have been discussing Tampa trading him for so long now.
  9. Price also is not a free agent until after 2015 so you get 1.5 years with him too, plus the ability to tender a qualifying offer. But he has won a shitload higher salary through arbitration - he could set a record for arbitration salary next season if he's good this year.
  10. I actually agree with this. Mid season trade of Edwin seems completely unfathomable.
  11. I think they'll be patient with him Especially if Stroman can stick now
  12. It does look like it's getting to him though. His body language is terrible.
  13. Prob just a sophomore slump Happens to good players all the time
  14. Price and Zobrist for EE and Stroman or Sanchez? Yes Price and Zobrist are 2 premium players, but they are running out of affordable control years rapidly and this trade makes Tampa much more sustainable $ wise. It's all moot and just for fun - I don't see Tampa/Toronto making a trade any time soon.
  15. If the hat is the s***** handout from yesterday's game you won't get any takers. LOL.
  16. Right. And I was down on him too. Way down. But even at his worst, he was almost a league average bat. Albeit playing at a premium offensive position (1B)
  17. "Good Colby" instead of "Bad Colby" would help for two reasons jnnthe second half - both for playoff chances and return on him if he leaves.
  18. A team with a protected top 10 first round pick might
  19. Sierra is the enantiomer of Eric Thames
  20. Lind is grossly underappreciated by most fans.
  21. I don't like having Francisco and Rasmus close to each other in the lineup either. The strikeouts are just gross.
  22. Yeah that's about how I feel Though you could continue to roll with 3 catchers and DH Kratz and Navarro when you don't want Francisco.
  23. Would you be willing to part with Adam Lind and roll with Juan as your everyday DH? I don't think I would be willing to, but I do think Lind would have significant trade value. Francisco might provide 80% or more of the offense that Lind does and that night be an acceptable sacrifice. (Power vs OBP) But he might not. Also, although I might get ridiculed for this - Lind feels like he should remain part of this team if they're playoff bound. After all his years here (he's the most tenured guy on the roster if I'm not mistaken) it would he a shame if the Jays made the playoffs and he didn't get to be part of it. That said, if I could get a legit SP upgrade for a package of Sanchez, Lind, and another prospect I still might do it. My reservation would be more the Francisco risk than the loyalty thing.
  24. Though again, if a previously aggravating poster makes a new account and is decent, I don't mind letting them back. This happens sometimes and as long as they're not total idiots that's totally fine. Like I said, only a few are completely incorrigible.
×
×
  • Create New...