Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,074
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Good news is - he's only a ML backup because he can catch Dickey...I suspect he'd prefer to stick with the organization in hopes that Martin can't catch Dickey and/or in the event Martin got hurt.
  2. I thought someone said he had options...you mean something I read on the internet could be wrong?
  3. Delabar to AAA is pretty shocking and disappointing news. We really needed him to rebound. Something seems fishy about this. And this bench we have is abysmal due to injuries and this god damn Navarro/Thole thing. AA needs resolve this nonsense. If we're keeping Tolleson as the utility infielder because he can be a backup OFer, then we're left with nobody who can play SS (Reyes can't play SS anymore for christ sakes). Send Thole to AAA and hope to heck Martin can catch Dickey and keep Goins up to play some defense. You don't spend $85M on a guy and then carry 2 backups for him....god this is stupid.
  4. I'd tend to agree with this. Plus he has a girly first name.
  5. I love .gifs. Would be nice if Sanchez could develop that kind of slider/cutter that Graveman has. It compliments the hard sinker so well (better than the big curveball). All 3 of Graveman's pitches start on the same plain - then all do something different.
  6. Danny Norris walked about 4 per 9 innings last year too....He isn't close to being a finished product either. Why don't we rip on him some more? because living in a hippy van makes him cool and likeable?
  7. Commanding your fastball and learning a new pitch seem like mutually exclusive events to me. I assume you mean if he's too stupid to learn how to throw strikes, he must be too stupid to learn how to hold a different grip on the ball? I think you meant to say he should be focusing his efforts on improving his fastball command/control. That said - wasn't the fact that he threw basically all fastballs in the majors the reason why he didn't walk as many as he did in the minors?
  8. This is true - but it's still very hard to comprehend.....I total get what HERPDERP is saying....then again, I used to be a huge White Sox fan back in the day and he may have scarred me for life. I will always bet on Uribe falling back to earth and being well below average as a starting 3rd baseman.
  9. Have you seen our 2nd base options?
  10. I suspect this number was pulled from an article about Kris Bryant. I think he just needs to be held back for 9 days to gain an extra year of control. It has nothing to do with Super 2 Arb, which is a money saving exercise...not a control exercise.
  11. And that's why Tony Batista was one of the best Blue Jay 3rd basemen of all time!!! 41 HR, 114 RBI, 96 R with an wRC+ of 100 32 HR, 110 RBI with and wRC+ of 76 and a WAR of -0.3 (without a huge negative defensively) It takes a special kind of hitter to do that fellas....and Howard's just the type of guy to take a run at those records!
  12. Why wouldn't we? Same with Norris.
  13. I thought Guerrero was a hack defensively? I certainly don't think he can play any SS. I too think he'd be a great fit for this team (given our options) - although his contract situation is likely what is holding up a trade. I think he has an "out" clause after this year, so if he's traded to the Jays and does well...he'll likely bolt as a FA and the Jays will have given up something for a 1 year rental. If he sucks, then the Jays would be stuck with him at something like $5M for the next 3 years... I think (FWIW) Turner and Van Slyke would be exposed if forced into fulltime roles.........I think they are great bench guys.
  14. The home opener is no place for a family with kids under say 12 years old.
  15. What small town are you from KingKat? Wasaga Beach here - and I whole heartily agree with you on this.
  16. The Canada/US WBC game a few years ago at the Dome (the one Canada should have won) was one of the best live events I've ever attended. Raptors playoff games are insane as well. Amazing atmosphere. Jays home openers are just parties. Half the people there are just fair weather fans looking to get drunk and could care less about the game itself. That's not my cup of tea and thus I rarely attend them anymore.
  17. So fans doing it in the concourse seemed amateur? You don't say...you may want to look up the definition of amateur sir...
  18. Hit's lefties, can play all 3 OF positions, good defensively, good speed.....I totally see your logic.
  19. Surely to god we don't give 50-60 starts at 1st/DH to someone who was below replacement level offensively last year. The only value Navarro brings to this team is being a better backup catcher than Thole, which is like saying I'd rather eat a steaming pile of cow dung than eat a steaming pile of cow dung that's been out in the hot sun for 3 days.
  20. You, his family and nobody else...
  21. Norris should start in AAA to gain an extra year of control. The 5th starter isn't needed very often in April anyway...Estrada can give us one spot start if needed, then up comes Norris. This also helps limit Norris's innings...which is necessary.
×
×
  • Create New...