Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Norris - 165 IP, 3.84 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 8.7 K/9 Sanchez - 111 IP, 3.98 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 7.2 K/9 Castro - 65 IP, 3.55 ERA, 9.6 K/9 Osuna - 40 IP, 2.82 ERA, 9.2 K/9 Travis - 450 PA .268/.325/.405 7HR, 6SB Pompey - 400 PA .238/.298/.388 5HR, 18SB
  2. Who's rule of thumb is this? And when will we ever see a ML Manager break "tradition" and actually do this? I've always been a huge proponent of getting your best hitters more at bats (seems simple enough) - yet ML managers still don't even try and do that... I never understood sticking some light hitting guys who handles the bat well 2nd (P.Polanco).
  3. I'd love to hear the theory behind batting Martin 3rd...
  4. Doubront's xFIP in 2013/2014 was about the same as Dickey and Buehrle the past couple of years. He's pitched in the AL East, but has lost some velo the past couple of years. Decent depth guy.
  5. And then there will be 329 articles written about how "cool" that is. And then I'll puke.
  6. Any chance Osuna & Castro making the team out of Spring Training is an elaborate April Fools joke by AA?
  7. But I'm taking the 190 lbs girl over Tara Reid all day long...
  8. This sounds great - why are you bringing your negativity to the party?
  9. OMG - I was going to ask if that's Tara Reid. She used to be so hot. no more fap fap fap'ing to that.
  10. Wow - I'm actually shocked by this news. I'm not sure I should be, but I am.....
  11. Romero's just there to help offset the huge contracts we're taking on. I'm probably shooting a little high by indicating the Phils eat the majority of Pap's contract......but if they don't eat a ton of his Contract, you could argue he's got negative trade value too. I think Sanchez/Castro for Hamels is in the ball park if we take Paps and his Contract off their hands.....now if only we could afford to do that).
  12. Sanchez, Castro and Romero for Hamels & Papelbon - Phils eat Pap's contract to the point he's only $5M per season. I'd be keeping Osuna...
  13. That's pure awesomeness. I didn't know they had a particular taste (although certainly types obviously do).
  14. I don't think he hit 86 MPH at all last year...he's Jamie Moyer now.
  15. Martin should be near the bottom of the lineup. The .400 OBP last year is a mirage. Reyes Jose E5 Donaldson Saunders Martin Smoak Travis Pompey Get your best hitters as many at bats as you can.
  16. Perhaps I shouldn't have read this thread in reverse order.....overreaction alert!
  17. Pillar is (errr should be) a very solid 4th OFer. Good defense, can play all 3 OF positions, runs well, hits lefties.....Nobody should be too upset that he's lined up to start in LF for a couple of weeks...this is exactly what a good 4th OFer does. I also expect Pillar to platoon with Saunders - especially early on when Saunders returns from the DL. That said - if he gets 500 at bats, he'll get grossly exposed (as do most 4th OFers). Fans should get used to him....lets hope he doesn't s*** the bed early on b/c he's the best option we have.
  18. The first time I read this, I read it as "20-45 is the window and then gravy & metabolism usually wreaks havoc on that body type". Then I actually laughed out loud - although....it kind of works too...you know that body type loves poutine.
  19. Buyer beware if you're looking long term.....if they have that body at a younger age (say 20-30 years old) - chances are they'll be a lot bigger by 40...Just like Fielder and Sandoval - those bodies break down over time... Fun to play with in the short term though
  20. TDottttttt - are you also looking forward to the Hooked on Phonics video you ordered? Dig from an old ESPN msg board reg.
  21. Danny Salazar to AAA. So much for Zach McAllister being this year's Wade Davis.
  22. O's are moving Gausman to the pen? Dat dumn
  23. Good news is - he's only a ML backup because he can catch Dickey...I suspect he'd prefer to stick with the organization in hopes that Martin can't catch Dickey and/or in the event Martin got hurt.
  24. I thought someone said he had options...you mean something I read on the internet could be wrong?
×
×
  • Create New...