Oh and of course there was this one time that Mattingly had to remove his own pitcher when he didn’t want to when he went to the mound himself twice in the same inning on an even dumber gaff, so I guess Don is out as his replacement. Can’t hire a guy as a manager who would do something so dumb…
Gonna have to let Walker take over I guess.
I get there’s some venting happening here but there is 0 chance Schneider gets canned right now unless the Jays go on some weird ass streak that sees them dump 20 out of 25 games or something.
I’d be okay with during the hitting strategist coach though, whatever the f*** that position is meant to do its failing.
That’s what it took for Baltimore to be good. You willing to watch .290 - .463 baseball for 5 years straight in order to maybe get lucky and draft a few studs that all might come up at the same time?
I doubt it.
Sure, but those are already good hitters. They don’t hit any better with RISP (generally) than they do without except for the average gain seen by nearly every hitter. Even the average mlb hitter hits better with RISP than they do without.
Hitting with RISP is also a massive series of tiny sample sizes with huge variances on the outcomes based on a shitload of variables.
Hardly. What I can tell you though is I’d rather them struggle with RISP that struggle to get runners there to begin with. Only getting 3-5 runners eben in scoring position a game is a far bigger problem to solve.
Heh, the way things are going …yeah probably.
Well 2nd and 3rd with one out and the Orioles conceding a run if it’s on the ground, which of course means a ground ball to the pitcher and the runner not scoring.
Well yeah they’re gonna look at it longer to be sure, but it was an easy call. It was also the first one this season, so it’s not like we’re gonna see 3 of them a week or anything.
These Jays are really hard to watch, not gonna lie.
Everyone except KK, and Bichette …maybe Belt….seem to have their heads up their ass on a daily basis.