Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,553
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. Sanchez vs. Stroman is a really fun debate right now. It has to be basically 50/50. Stats and Peripherals: Large edge Stroman Age vs. Level: Slight edge Sanchez Proximity: Edge Stroman Stuff: Edge Sanchez Polish:Stroman Intangibles: Stroman Physical profile: Sanchez Stroman looks like a sure bet to be at least a late inning major league reliever, with the upside of a mid rotation starter. He could even exceed expectations and be a very strong #3 or arguable #2 starter. Sanchez could be a legitimate Ace if everything clicks, or he could be a guy who can't even out innings out of the bullpen if he can't consistently throw strikes.
  2. I take this as a compliment coming from someone who thinks that signing James Loney in free agency is a good idea. If you DIDN'T think I was dumb then I'd be kind of upset, honestly.
  3. Sure. Gold gloves and batting average. James Loney is a terrible idea, sorry. They'd be buying high on a guy who will be vastly overrated in free agency and projects to be a below average first baseman, all things considered. An Adam Lind platoon would be a much, much better idea.
  4. It really f***ing shouldn't.
  5. Pretty sure that James Loney has never won a gold glove or hit .300 in a full season... not that any of those things would even matter lol
  6. Weird, that guy seems way too black and short to be Sanchez?
  7. I don't think he's a FA, is he? I was thinking that Kubel could be a good buy low option.
  8. Not a Morales fan at all. He's kind of an old school player that gets overrated due to his ability to consistently hit for AVG. Lind actually out WAR'd Kendrys last year, believe it or not.
  9. team culture lol But if someone wants Adam Lind and takes his salary on, then it wouldn't be hard to find another 1 win platoon potato who can't hit lefties at all. You could probably even find someone with more defensive utility for Lind at less money.
  10. Trade Lind for anything. Sign Corey Hart. Profit!
  11. It was Belt + Gallardo/Niese + my first round pick. I also probably would have added Bauer and/or Stroman if pushed on it. I definitely get it if someone doesn't love Belt, but I think I know a few baseball minds that would take him over Teheran in a dynasty league. Especially an OBP league. 1B also seems like a hole for the catspooper.
  12. I don't get it either, lol. I get trading Upton, although I wouldn't have necessarily done it for that return. I don't get why anyone would even think of trading Kershaw. Cards on the table, I made a decent late offer for Kershaw that I would have been willing to upgrade significantly if given the chance. I guess I only have myself to blame for not coming in higher.
  13. He might be a top 100 baseball Jeff. Maybe.
  14. I have a fugly farm. My most valuable prospect might be Stroman. Good thing farms don't matter because it's not real baseball!
  15. Quit so you can pay more attention to this league
  16. I have no clue. I misremembered anyway, KC was his 2012 debut, not the starts where he was throwing 94. I think those were towards the end of his stint.
  17. Quit that league immediately. Do something better with your time.
  18. I think it was in KC actually where I remember him throwing hardest. Or maybe that was his first game in KC... Actually I have no idea. Surely there are figures out there for how hot or cold different stadium guns are.
  19. Hutch is fooling nobody. Or maybe he's just getting BABIP'd. Nobody knows! Looks like he's hitting his corners, but he's certainly not throwing 93/94 like he did for that spurt in the big leagues. Looks like 88-91.
  20. Dodgers. Joc Ped and Urias, or maybe AJ Ellis, and/or other arms.
  21. lol @ how well instant replay just worked
  22. Prediction: kirksaw will pop up out of nowhere and make a prediction that Kenny Wilson will be a September call up in 2014
  23. I just don't like what I think the price vs. Projected production ratio will end up being. Granted, there's a slim chance that he ends up being s bargain in free agency if that attached pick sandbags his value enough. I don't think it'll happen in this market though.
  24. Laika

    NHL Thread

    Yukhail Escobovski
×
×
  • Create New...