Replaced Semien with Chapman though. We had like no power from 3B all year. Basically just moved the power from 2B to 3B. Grichuk yeah, and Gurriel’s homerun numbers took a nosedive this season
Yeah well I just listened to his latest podcast and he ranted for 5 minutes about how pitcher wins matter and the nerds in front office don't care about winning.... so yeah David Samson
Also I will say again, Jays chose the absolute worst time to extend Berrios. Imagine if they hadn’t?
A cautionary tale for extending players early when you still have control. I have no doubt the Berrios contract has made them more hesitant to lock up guys like Vlad/Bo/Manoah. Its almost always better to ride things out.
Almost just praying he has an injury at this point. I don’t get how he could go from one of the most consistent pitchers in the league to a gascan in 1 year.
Also I enjoy David Samson’s stuff but a lot of his “inner knowledge” stuff like his convos with other GMs seems like ******** half the time
He did well in his other at bat getting the sac fly. GIDP was frustrating, all of our guys have been hitting into far too many this year. Worse was finally tying the game and then giving the 3 runs right back next inning. Hate that s***. Probably should have just walked Judge there
Hell yeah! Extremely anti-climactic, it would have been nice to win yesterday and celebrate on the field. Ah well.
Save the celebration for home field clinch!
Pray to god we don’t have to play in the trop. And I really hope we can at least make it to the DS this year. Keep it rolling
Bonds was like Trout-level player clean. A mutant with the juice. I don't think its fair to vilify him for taking steroids after the fact, when it wasn't even frowned upon at the time he was doing it.
Playing baseball on steroids is one of the least troublesome thing Bonds did
Bonds was a freak, steroids or not. And we can't effectively prove that guys like Maris/Ruth etc. never juiced. Plus everyone was juicing during the Bonds era. Plus he never actually failed a drug test so.... are we even certain Judge is clean?
Im fine with saying Judge now shares the AL homerun record. That is true. To say he is the "true homerun record holder" though is a bit of a crap statement.
Went and watched the replay, what an awful f***ing play by Cimber. Not just the bad throw, but then forgetting to cover home.
As Charlie would say, both a physical error and a mental error on the same play