If he was constantly shaking the catcher off, then he was already calling his own games anyways. So the pitchcom and selecting his own pitches SHOULD help him.
The pitch clock however… idk hopefully he can adjust
Well I think he’s proven through spring training and now this first start that he can’t be effective throwing 90mph. Maybe he can idk. Hopefully he is able to ramp it back up to 93ish and we aren’t talking about his poor velocity all year.
Realistically if all these guys pitch like their projections say Manoah/Bassit/Berrios should all be #3s/4s and Kikuchi is a borderline #4.
I guess the next few weeks we’ll find out
Now I feel like an idiot for trying to explain to my GF that jays probably have the best defense in the league with Bo being the only weak spot.
Defense has cost us big time in 2/3 games already.
Yeah but there is also data to suggest he normally dials it down in spring training. Maybe he has to work up to 93 idk. But he won’t be a successful pitcher if he’s only throwing 90